Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I am thinking of getting the Mystery Ranch NICE frame to use with my Large Alice pack. I love the pack, but HATE the frame its been killing my back for 17.5 years both for the army and in personal use so its time to upgrade. My question is has anyone use the NICE Frame and is it worth the money. If it is I don't have a problem spending it. I also like the idea of being able to get multiple bags or load bearing systems to attach to a single frame. Please don't use this to rant on what the best packs are or how this pack is better than that one. Just want some input from folks who have used this and what they think of it. Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
It seems expensive to me. But if I could afford it to be honest I'd like to have it. but for what it cost seems I get an excellent kelty or such back.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
The foam/belts/ shoulders straps are so comfortable. The pads nice and thick. The frame is not a "solid" frame but rather joined so it can flex with your body and help with the transfer of load. MR suspension is designed by Dana Gleason, one of the pioneers of pack design. I still own one of his Dana Design packs from 15 years ago I think.

They downside is that they are heavy. Suspension and comfort like that come at the cost of weight. Personally, the extra weight is worth it as a more comfortable hike is a more efficient hike.

I say it is definitely worth the money and I am in the process of purchasing another. The hardest choice is choosing the color :D: And their customer service is fantastic. They will help you fit the pack over the phone/internet if you need the help, but it is easy and there are videos online to help you get adjusted.

Also if you don't like it, you can return it for full purchase price as long as new. Don't know about return shipping though... you can call them to ask. But that would only be 15$ or so anyways. So little lost if you don't like it but a lot to gain if you do.

And like you said, if you like the suspension, you can easily purchase other bag options later and have a completely new setup.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vic, thanks for the input this is exactly what I was looking for. I am probably going to go with the coyote brown. As people don't see brown and automatically think military. That and I hate foliage grey, I mean green. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.