Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Semper Vigilans
5,058 Posts
Congratulations!

I'm so done with WA it makes me mad thinking about it.

I will be moving to Idaho next year myself after I retire and am trying to make some connections there so I can see where the best areas are for a Christian Constitutional Conservative.

Been looking at the Middle to Northern Idaho areas just east of Lewiston, but I don't know anyone in Idaho personally.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am getting snow/ice dams installed above the gutters that will have a leafguard installed also.
I hope this works. Will work on a collection system next summer.

OldBlackwater; I was the same as you, fed up with Oregon. I spent the summer camping and driving around from Stites to St. Maries. I liked the lower elevations along the Clearwater River but everything was too close to the highway for me.
I found a place that just felt right the first time I saw it outside of Fraser. The property backs up to State Forest land, the only negative is no spring or creek but I do have a good well. My neighbors all seem nice and are down to earth.
I hope you can find a place that you like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am thinking the same thing as you gentlemen. Oregon is no longer a good place to be, California is obviously the worst place to be in the US, Washington is in no better shape than Oregon, So I look east. Have family way up north panhandle and on the border around Ontario, but I really like the Lewiston area. Drove through there over the summer and it felt right. Also, nice being somewhat central to family for me. Been looking at real estate south of Lewiston and all around the north and NE of the reservation. Pierce sounds interesting, I might have to drive out there on my next trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same feeling here about western Wa and Or, too liberal. Most of eastern side of states not quite so bad yet. Won't even travel to Kalifornia any more.

RE the junk left around campsites, we always bring extra 50 gallon trash bags and make a contest of who can pick up the most. Too bad for the slob campers, they make the rest of us look bad.
Our goal has always been to leave the woods cleaner when we go home.
Idaho residents since the 1800s.

·
Just livin'
2,466 Posts
Same feeling here about western Wa and Or, too liberal. Most of eastern side of states not quite so bad yet. Won't even travel to Kalifornia any more.

RE the junk left around campsites, we always bring extra 50 gallon trash bags and make a contest of who can pick up the most. Too bad for the slob campers, they make the rest of us look bad.
Our goal has always been to leave the woods cleaner when we go home.
Idaho residents since the 1800s.
Living 1/4 mile from the national forest we are forever picking up trash. One time out picked a small table and chairs. A$$hats!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Neighbors picked up a nice 4 wheeler couple years back. Went to the hills for week and weekend, 4 wheeler sat in middle of two track for 7 days nobody paid any attention.
Brought it home and posted in all local papers. Never claimed. Not listed stolen, just not listed anywhere.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,337 Posts
Greetings,

I am getting ready to move to central Idaho, I like the Kooskia area and hope to find a place that will work.
Do any of you have any real estate contacts that I could contact?
Also any advice or recommendations for other areas. Is Elk City still stranded?

I hope to be moved there by the end of summer.

Thanks for any tips.
Are you Muslim or converting?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts