Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah if this is in the wrong forum then please move it.

I want to move to American. So I need to know:
Cheapest Housing for a Bedsit, Single room/Shared bathroom.
Minimum working age, They might differ from state to state.
What qualifications do I need and how do I get them.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
your number 1 porblem: getting permission to move here legally. In addition to the paperwork and associated fees, you may need to show that someone, such as a family member in the US or an employer, is willing to "sponsor" you.

If you google "US residency green card" you should get tons of info.

Jobs can be had once you get here. I have several cousins who came from Eire legally in the last decade or so, and they are all employed (legally!) One is actually now a very succesful business owner in Brooklyn, and all the rest have had steady jobs.

Housing costs are ridulous if you wind up in or around one for the sities on the East coast.

Tom.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I'd be more impressed if OP was mexican asking this ;)

good luck DL :)

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
You might try to get a visa and then a work permit before doing all of the other research Divine_Light. After your basic 3-month tourist visa expires, you are here illegally.

Of course, that hasn't prevents a few million others ... :(

I have done extensive research in the past into moving to Ireland, the UK, Australia or New Zealand to live and work. There are some excellent professional opportunities for me in television and film production, especially in the UK. However, they have very strict and exclusive rules preventing we from the US doing this, unless you have large financial resources, establish a business there and hire a minimum number of people.

So go to your nearest US embassy or consulate and enquire about the rules for emigration. I believe in the past 20 years or so folks from Ireland have a preferential lottery in place to come and live/work in the USA.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
BTW, I welcome you to come to the USA. But please, do it legally. It's only fair as I wouldn't come to Ireland and live and work illegally.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Forget everything everyone here is telling you !!!!!

It will only cost you money.

Just move to Mexico & walk across the border like the rest of the criminals do !

Welcome to the New World Odor :rolleyes:.........

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Don't come here illegaly.
The winds of tollerance for illegals are changing radically.

Come here legally only.
Here's the ways....

Win an emmigration visa lottery.
Get an emmigration visa.
Invest 1/2 million dollars or more in a business and get a visa.
Marry an American citizen and get a spouse visa.

Else stay away.
Nothing personal.
Just stay away.

T

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Enroll in an American school. Doesn't have to be a big fancy University.
A friend of mine was adopting a baby from another country and immigration was giving her all kinds of hassles. She enrolled the infant in a private schools pre-school program and got a student visa for her new daughter. Unusual solution to her problem, but after she had the baby physically here, everything else was taken care of easily.

If you are from Ireland, there is a way around the lottery...
Travel to Canada. Get a tourist visa to come to the US for 90 days. Make sure you have a good friend or relative in the US that will agree to sponsor you once you get here. Apply immediately for a work visa once you get here---make sure you have a job lined up!
If you can do farm work, you can also come over under special exceptions laws and regulations for farm workers.

There are over 100 ways to get into the US legally. You can even join the American military and earn citizenship.
Investigate all your options before making the move!

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Why move to America??
Canadians work less, get paid more, aren't hated by the international community(read no terrorists, Canadians are living the American dream, America is a sinking ship

matty

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
How do I get an emmigration visum?

You sign a contract to be my housekeeper at $2.75 per hour, plus room and board. You agree to drive my daughter to and from school on any day that I need you to, and to stand on line for me at the Department of Motor Vehicles, and to attend my high school and college reunions, to shovel about 5 metres of snow per year from my driveway AND to shovel the poop onto my flower beds in the spring...

Just kidding!

Tom.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
So yeah if this is in the wrong forum then please move it.

I want to move to American. So I need to know:
Cheapest Housing for a Bedsit, Single room/Shared bathroom.
Minimum working age, They might differ from state to state.
What qualifications do I need and how do I get them.
Funny, I'd rather live in Ireland. I have not been able to visit yet but, My mom,dad, sister and daughter have all visited there and love it.
Wish I could trade places. :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
do you have family here ..they can help with the paperwork to live and work here..
there is a number of diff ways to live and work here

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
You sign a contract to be my housekeeper at $2.75 per hour, plus room and board. You agree to drive my daughter to and from school on any day that I need you to, and to stand on line for me at the Department of Motor Vehicles, and to attend my high school and college reunions, to shovel about 5 metres of snow per year from my driveway AND to shovel the poop onto my flower beds in the spring...

Just kidding!

Tom.
:D: I'll give a miss on that lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why move to America??
Canadians work less, get paid more, aren't hated by the international community(read no terrorists, Canadians are living the American dream, America is a sinking ship

matty
But it's cold up there and the Prime Minister is idiotic.
I read 15 years olds can now work in hotels and other places in Canada.

do you have family here ..they can help with the paperwork to live and work here..
there is a number of diff ways to live and work here
I have some relatives on my mother's side that ripped us of out of $1,000 so I guess they owe us one.
-
Thanks for all the replies. I really don't have the money to pay for flights, etc. It was just an idea.

I was thinking and hoping to move to Colorado. A small town outside of Denver.
Maybe Fairplay, CO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts