Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
There are lots of wilderness areas in the US, Canada, Mexico and Central and South America.
But if you want REAL wilderness, go to Siberia, Mongolia, the Caucausus Mountains, Nepal and Bhutan. You can go for years and not see another person if you want to.

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
I never said it was safe, just that it was wilderness. That's why the maoist guerillas and drug cartels are there, it's too hard for the gov't to get to them. I don't think any wilderness is safe, anyone who goes into the wilderness thinking it's safe, or even benign, is pretty much doomed to die there.
Winters are severe in the south as well in the north, just at different times of year. People in the alaskan bush and Canadian outback live quite will all year round, but it takes work to grow, catch and kill, then preserve, smoke, dry and can all the food needed to get through the winters. On the other hand, summers in tropical regions are brutally hot and humid. I prefer the cold, I can build fire and put on enough clothes to get warm, but whan it's hot, there's nothing you can do but dehydrate and suffer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.