Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this on the previous thread but didn't want to hijack. My question is the same as Patrick's, except that I wonder what spot you would choose if you could choose from *anywhere in the world.*

Seems like most people recommended places in the US or Canada, but are there other places more remote/hospitable/interesting in, say, Indonesia, Thailand, Peru, or...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mtnman Mike: It's just a pleasant form of fantasy, I think, even if, someday, fantasies can become reality. I saw that thread and your mountain retreat looks lovely. I know what you mean about really getting to know the details of a place, loving it, and then preferring it to anywhere else.
Congo, PHogan86, EdD270: Thanks for the good suggestions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a good point, Mike, and one I often think about when I think of primitive people, natives, etc. Their big survival advantage is *familiarity with their surroundings*. Survivalists make a big deal about skills and equipment, but I think this familiarity is much more important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.