Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I moved to Oahu recently from Georgia, up in the northern Wahiawa area. Looking for places to shoot, camp, and have a little fun, legally of course.

·
Bugged out already
4,687 Posts
Hey all I moved to Oahu recently from Georgia, up in the northern Wahiawa area. Looking for places to shoot, camp, and have a little fun, legally of course.
As far as camping, there are lots of places on the islands. Some of the best are on the Big Island and Kauai. On Oahu, if you are in the military, you have access to the ridgeline trails going north or south at the top of Kolekole pass. These two trails are difficult, but camping on the ridgeline where the mountain drops straight down thousands of feet is a rush. Other mountain camping can be done up Mt Kaala. I also liked camping up the Dillingham trail on the north shore.

There are several excellent trails along the Ko’olau Range, including Waimano Loop Trail, Tripler Ridge, etc. We used to camp and hunt pigs along the Waimano Loop Trail all the time, but this was back in the 70’s.

I am sure there are excellent books on all the trails and places to camp on all the islands, as there were plenty such books available when I lived there for about 10 years. You will need a good backpack, hking gear, and rain gear. Have fun!

Reactions: WolfSpring

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure there are excellent books on all the trails and places to camp on all the islands, as there were plenty such books available when I lived there for about 10 years. You will need a good backpack, hking gear, and rain gear. Have fun!
I appreciate your feedback and agree on the book, but sometimes the books only highlight places everyone knows about, people who've actually gone out and done it usually have some better insight where to go and I have a lot of great gear beat the living hell out of it living in Colorado a few years back.

Thank you both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts