Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe America is getting ready for this covid19 after all.

A week ago I ordered a couple big boxes from Mountainhouse just to top off the freeze dried food. Just got an email that they canceled the order due to demand and not being able to keep up with their inventory, they gave me 10% off the next order. Bummed I’m not gonna be getting the shipment, but props to them, what a solid company.

Hope everyone’s topped off!

-W

·
Forum Administrator
16,775 Posts
Thank you for the heads up.

I bet places like walmart have been cleaned out of freeze dried food also

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Thank you for the heads up.

I bet places like walmart have been cleaned out of freeze dried food also
Against my better judgement we’re doing a shopping run shortly, including a local Walmart. Can’t stand them on a regular week day morning, it’ll be “interesting” today.

I’ll take a look at there LTS freeze dry area, if possible, and post back.

“Hopefully” the last shop of “wants” (that’s the argument I’m having ATM with the better half) we’ll be doing...until this is “over”.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
821 Posts
My local Wal-Mart has been sold out of Mountain House for the last month, and stated there was none to be had at the moment.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Was curious so checked Amazon - not much there either in the Prime delivery compared to what I saw earlier in the week (same with other brands).

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Found this amusing on the price mark uptick - the "Augason Farms 30-Day 1-Person Emergency Food" on Amazon can run $60-100 but now the three vendors have it at $299 (two of them) and then the last at $300.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Found this amusing on the price mark uptick - the "Augason Farms 30-Day 1-Person Emergency Food" on Amazon can run $60-100 but now the three vendors have it at $299 (two of them) and then the last at $300.
I guess buying everyday canned food at the local supermarket is not tacticool enough lol.

·
Registered
34,627 Posts
I guess buying everyday canned food at the local supermarket is not tacticool enough lol.
I did actually buy tomato powder back in January.

I'd stopped using it because: garden.

But with the possibility of more people and it could be a bad year for tomatoes (Or not) ....

Just in plastic though, not the cool #10can.;)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Southern Oregon:

Walmart LTS freeze dried section pretty darned close to wiped clean.

One #10 can of morning moos, and a few dented #10 cans of pees & that was it. Wow, never seen that before!

Also noted: They were out of 70% and up ispropyl alcohol. That I have seen at Walmart’s before, don’t know if it’s because they just don’t stock much of higher % or what.

Costco: No isopropyl alcohol whatsoever, they split the hydrogen peroxide over as a fill in. Never seen a Costco out of it.

No idea on if stores were busier than normal or not, as we normally do not shop on weekends. Pretty much ever, occasionally as a run in just after shift, but never a “shop”.

Someone please just shoot me if I have to go shopping again on a weekend, holy crap was Costco busy! Lines at checkout backed up into the stacks up front.

Against my better judgement we’re doing a shopping run shortly, including a local Walmart. Can’t stand them on a regular week day morning, it’ll be “interesting” today.

I’ll take a look at there LTS freeze dry area, if possible, and post back.

“Hopefully” the last shop of “wants” (that’s the argument I’m having ATM with the better half) we’ll be doing...until this is “over”.

Reactions: saltnpeppa11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts