Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Clearly that one has changed since I last had it (somewhere around 10 yrs ago). I liked the breakfast skillet at the time and did not find it too potato flavor at all. Maybe yours had a mix with too much potato? I remember being surprised at how much sausage mine had...I had expected more hash browns as filler.

My faves of the MH breakfasts are most of the Scrambled Eggs combos...SOOOOOO much superior to MRE variants...

Reactions: kev

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
When I had it...a long time ago... I ate it straight out of the pouch into a bowl.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Somehow, along the way, I came under the impression that their breakfast skillet was meant to be eaten with pita bread. Was that on old packaging?
I've done it with tortillas. In fact just about every freeze dried meal we combine with tortillas...they're backpacker's bread:D: Seriously, many of the freeze dried meals mostly suck by themselves. My wife and I will use a tortilla as a plate as well...saves on dishes if you don't want to eat out of the bag or you're sharing a 2-serving meal.

After 4-5 days or 50-60 miles, I rarely have a bad meal:D:

ROCK6

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Somehow, along the way, I came under the impression that their breakfast skillet was meant to be eaten with pita bread. Was that on old packaging?
Do not know anything about pita bread.

Good idea though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.