Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

We need a tax revolt to stop this bailout of all the businesses that have made bad investments and now EXPECT us Mr. and Mrs. Public to Bail them out. I don't care where you stand in the political spectrum we the people must stop this and take back our country!

We should demand EVERY politician in Washington step down or face prosecution for your activities We must stop this madness now or the American Dream of Freedom is over forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My God where is the outrage ?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
no outrage since it is being done under Bush's watch. Also McCain has been rabidly anti regulatory for decades. He flipflopped last week on it. Neoclowns would rather be distracted by Palin and Obama. They can't stand the scrutiny so it's distraction politics as usual

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is the same here, blame them, no blame them, they did it Hell they are all to blame this is a Bush fault, and a Democrat fault if we just blame one or the other then we fall into the trap they want us in blame the other and forget the real problem.

I say no bail out no way, let the cards fall where they may !!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
The money masters are showing us the natural order of things. The strong take from the weak, that's exactly what's happening right now. Same story since the beginning of time. But I am also aware of some other old stories..... the people will only take so much.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
My God where is the outrage ?
You want outrage? You'll have to take away the "people's" beer, sports, big screen TVs, Blackberries and video game consoles if outrage is what you're looking for.

The "people" don't give a rat's ass about such "irrelevant" issues as economic self reliance, freedom, responsibility for oneself, etc.

That's what the old people care about. Hip, young, upwardly mobile people don't concern themselves with such crap...:confused:;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
"My ... where is the outrage ?" it is interesting that people don't actually seem to want to talk about it 'cept here. all they care about is what was stated in the above post. we were discussing this very issue this a.m. i am surprised nobody is standing on a street corner holding a sign saying "QUIT RAPING US". it's talked about in some circles but that's about it, just talk.

·
Registered
688 Posts
G7 to Bail Out US

"Henry Paulson, the U.S. Treasury Secretary, turned to Canada and other Group of Seven industrialized countries Sunday to back a sweeping financial relief package to alleviate stresses in the banking system that carries a fast-rising price tag of well over US$700-billion."

Reactions: awildchipmunk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where is the outrage? Think about everything you ever financed with credit. This is the debt-interest system that has been in control since the great depression. We all have financed something in our lives... and with this power to own things before we can afford to purchase comes some great amount of risk. We collectively became too self-absorbed with extended credit and ignored the signs of a runaway train.

Blame wall steet, the government or whoever else you want. But when 25% of Americans choose ARM loans over fixed rate laons in ordered to buy bigger houses.... then shame on our poor ego driven decisions. Now the reaper will sow....

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
Who do you you get mad at? The ones responsible for this don't come into the local bar. You can't walk down the street and kick thier garden gnome over. They won't show up anywhere that normal people congregate, and even if they did, you wouldn't recognize them. That's way this system lives on, there is no one to point the finger at.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
More government bailouts for the big guys. :mad:

Fed to regulate Goldman, M.Stanley; bailout takes shape
Monday September 22, 1:41 am ET
By Kevin Drawbaugh and Mark Felsenthal

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley gave up their cherished investment banking status in return for cover under the Fed's wing to survive a financial storm that U.S. authorities aim to tackle with a $700 billion bailout plan.

The Federal Reserve approved the two bank's transformation into bank holding companies regulated by the central bank, effectively ending Wall Street's investment banking model and subjecting the two to much tighter regulation.

In return it gives Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS - News) and Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS - News) greater access to central bank funds and makes it easier for them to buy retail banks.

Full story
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080922/financial_bailout.html?.v=2

What do you want to bet they will get that -"cherished investment banking status" back once they are done selling off their bad debt and regrouping.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
You want outrage? You'll have to take away the "people's" beer, sports, big screen TVs, Blackberries and video game consoles if outrage is what you're looking for.

Hip, young, upwardly mobile people don't concern themselves with such crap...:confused:;)
correction, thats what the eloi- I mean sheep concern themselves with.
To reveal my conspiratorial side- if there IS some Illuminati controlling the world- then we're about ripe for.... whatever it is they want.

We- as a people are almost completely cowed bovines now.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
It is a gaping wound in the financial system that is only being treated with short term band aids. All of us overseas are waiting for the stock markets to go red again.
I'll bet within a week or two.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
no one wants to utter a peep since this is bush's watch, if clinton bailed out wall street it would have been the end of western civilization. what a bunch of toads

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.