Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/11/flint_mother_latrica_ryan_of_1.html

Flint mother Latrica Ryan of 10 looks to community for help

This is a story local to Michigan,but is getting some serious mileage all across the net. Its an excellent example of whats wrong with Michigan,particularly in the cities.Some of the other forums this story was on weren't so kind to her as the 192 comments at the Journal were.
Feel free to comment....

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
:confused:I wonder if she know what caused her problem?

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
OMG i went back and actually read the article. i now welcome the collapse of america, lol. my big question is......if she is a single stay at home mom, who makes the money? lol. how much do you get per kid in flint? she could be pullin in like $5000 a month!!!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read thru the comment section.seems some of the "fathers" are guests of the Department of Corrections,currently...

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Well if 4 of her kids are on the honor roll...I hope they make something of their lives and encourage the other siblings to get a better education.

I don't know why this woman ended up with 10 kids. I don't know how she gets her money to survive on. I have read how she gets additional help through agencys that provide for the low income families.

It seems this woman is doing quite a bit to keep her kids from ending up with a large family and not enough money. She is making sure they go to school and she donates her time at the school. Plus she keeps tabs on how her kids are doing in school.

Her life will probably read like our hard economic times. She has made some bad choices that have put her in the situation that she finds herself right now. But she is making positive moves in the right direction for her kids. I feel that her family has a better chance of getting out of their financial situation then many of the big businesses in the USA.

I with her the best and pray that her children succeed where she was unable to.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
I can understand why she's getting so many who say bad things about her.
OMG. 10 kids!!! Stay at home mom!!!!
You've got to be kidding me. The picture only shows 9 kids. Where's the 10th? She needs to take some of that money she gets for assistance and pay for child care and GO GET A F*CKING JOB!
She is the perfect example why those who need aid can't get it. She has done nothing but sit at home, spread her legs and spit out kids. All on OUR dime.
Incredible.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
That unfortunately is a big problem and one of the reasons why "the system" is in desperate need of revamping. The cost of childcare for ONE child is approximately $450/day for 10 kids for a full time facility. That's $2250/WEEK for ten children..... Public assistance ain't gonna cover it. And- if she doesn't have childcare- how is she going to get and maintain a job?

IMO what should be done is to create more jobs with built in childcare facilities as part of a benefits package- as well as affordable childcare in all colleges/universities.

I can understand why she's getting so many who say bad things about her.
OMG. 10 kids!!! Stay at home mom!!!!
You've got to be kidding me. The picture only shows 9 kids. Where's the 10th? She needs to take some of that money she gets for assistance and pay for child care and GO GET A F*CKING JOB!
She is the perfect example why those who need aid can't get it. She has done nothing but sit at home, spread her legs and spit out kids. All on OUR dime.
Incredible.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm reserving comment for the time being. It is interesting to see the parellels between the Journal comments and here.Very similar.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I'm reserving comment for the time being. It is interesting to see the parellels between the Journal comments and here.Very similar.
Well... I am not a cur... anyone with 10 kids has challenges and needs help... but even the intense catholic Irish aren't having 10 kids now (and usually they were by the same husband.) Welfare is state subsidized whoring. I think better things can be done with those tax dollars... however, with a Marxist as the incoming president and congress liberal get ready for more cheaper-by-the-dozen families.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I noticed one of the commenters in the article said:
"Maybe now that Obama will be our president, it might be what will help this woman and her children!!"
Is this the "change" they all wanted? More welfare moms? Bigger chunks of OUR income going to irresponsible parents?
And where in the HELL IS THE FATHERS?

Tell me again why I should have to raise someone else's kids that I had nothing to do with bringing into the world? Especially TEN from 1 person?!?

It's bad enough I look at my tax notices on my different properties and the one I live on says: School M&O: $139.42 The one my wooded property in another county is $123.87!

Between taxes for services I WILL NEVER USE and local sales taxes for schools, etc. I believe I have given them all the "change" I can Spare!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
OMG, i feel overwhelmed with 4 children.

Difference is, I was in a financial position to have them all when they were born.

Once the economy started going south, I had the foresight to quit while I was ahead. The last one leaves for K next fall.

I even started going to college last year, with the anticipation that one day I will need to get a living wage.

Cant understand what is going thru this womans mind. I dont blame the kids, but hope she has had her last. At her age, she could pop out 10 more.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts