• no

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • i have no idea what ur talking about

Votes: 15 12.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Be Prepared
446 Posts
I'll stick with Backwoods Home. A lot less tree hugging going on there.

I will admit MEN does have some good articles now and then, but it isn't hardly worth sorting through the green B.S. anymore to get them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I liked it back in the day and don't care much for it for what its become.

I really like "Back Woods Home" http://www.backwoodshome.com/

I really enjoy the commenatry by Dave Duffy and John Silviera, and it includes an article by Massad Ayoob every issue.

I enjoy Backwoodsman also, like some of the others here.

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
I used to subscribe to MEN, started in early 1970's and even got a "lifetime" subscription. However, after financial trouble and reemerging, I continued to get the magazine until more financial trouble and another owner and another. Then, my "lifetime" subscription ended. I didn't mind. They had lost me when they started having articles about the 3500 sq ft "green" vacation home built by some movie performer on a CA beach.
I've subscribed to Backwoods Home Magazine for many years, still do, and love it. Real usable information from real people, not hollywood fakes.
Backwoodsman magazine is one I'm starting to read more and more often, too. May have to subscribe.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
I read it every chance I get. No subscription though.

A buddy of mine way back in the late 60's, early 70's took advantage of a limited offer, lifetime subscription for a couple hundred bucks. Still gets it like clockwork.

·
I have control issues
6,129 Posts
Didn't reply to the poll, because I don't subscribe or read it online, but I do OCCASIONALLY purchase a copy at the bookstore IF it has an article in which I am particularly interested (like the one on making biochar, and growing better tomatoes)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts