Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I've always hated them. I'd rather use a screwdriver to open a can although they were good for putting a spout on canned juice. I don't even know if they still make canned juice without a tab. Seriously though, the claw can opener was way better.
We opened quarts of oil (the old cans) with a phillips screwdriver and a swift smack on the handle.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
14,931 Posts
I must be an old junk collector. I have 2 of those, one is about twice as long as the other.
I'd offer to buy one from you but with the gf having her hours cut and me fighting with disability there is no money.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
11,166 Posts
My dad was an old tugboat man..Loved honky-tonks..When I was a youngling he would come home and grab me up..In the late 50’s, I grew up on barstools, hanging w my dad…I became a heckofa pool shooter b4 I was 8..
Every bar had several ‘table model’ openers…Bar lady would slap a can in, push the handle down and put two holes, large and small( for vent).,,I must have watched 1000’s of cans opened…I miss those days…I seem to be no worse the wear for those adventures-Today, of course, some wokester would have CPS taking me away…

·
Registered
Cocked, locked, ready to rock.
584 Posts
Most people under 40 don't know cars have oil in them.

I ran across a video the other day of a couple trying to inflate the tires of their Tesla with propane at a propane filling station. The guy filming it tried to explain that you don't do that and the other guy couldn't figure out why the hose wouldn't mate up with his tire valve stem.

Here it is:

Somebody tell me that crap was staged please! I swear to the gods we need a few gallons of straight chlorine in the gene pool!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Or what that stick with the wooden knob is for. ;) :D
View attachment 467249
That's a Anti-theft device, I have 1 on my 50 Dodge. I've asked a couple of my kids friends if they would move my car and they hop in and have a WTH is this moment. I also had a 41 Dodge and people couldn't figure out that it had a foot starter switch. :LOL:

·
Registered
39 Posts
But folks that went to church know....
I have one with a magnet stuck to the fridge. I used it Friday to open tomato sauce. I use the flat end to pop the lids on home canned stuff.
This is me. I'm a woman who hates breaking her nails trying to wrestle off sealed canning jar lids, so I have these scattered around the house. Plus I make my own beer and the sealer I use doesn't do twist offs.

·
Registered
Cocked, locked, ready to rock.
584 Posts
This is me. I'm a woman who hates breaking her nails trying to wrestle off sealed canning jar lids, so I have these scattered around the house. Plus I make my own beer and the sealer I use doesn't do twist offs.
I must have made a hundred nail savers for ladies over the years, they're not a bad defense blade either. they look kind of like a stainless steel Doritos chip with a hole for a key chain.

41 - 60 of 267 Posts