• Other

Votes: 23 24.2%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "winner" of this poll is a foregone conclusion but let's pick one just for fun. There's an obvious name that stands out but I've lived in a part of the country where several gangs call home and all of them were pretty tough.

Anyway, I don't have to be a fan of their lifestyle to find the entire biker culture very interesting and, in some way, captivating. It's like Charles Manson ... the dude's a creep but I can't help studying him and his history.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Geez whiz, all of them. Yep.. i've always been terrified of a bunch of guys whom dress themselves in the mirror.. leather and hair. They mostly all remind me of that guy who sings for Aerosmith. Pls. don't tell 'em I said that.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do maintenance and engine builds for 3 of the groups you have on your list. they have always been respectful to my shop. never a problem. but ya missed a group.
If I had more available slots on the poll I would have included several other groups. But which group are you referring to?

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
богдан;7609711 said:
Most are junkies with a bad attitude. That said. I've never had any issues with them the golden rule generally gets you through life problem free.
The only time I actually feared a gang of bikers was when I was a little kid. My mom was taking my sister and me to my grandma's house in San Diego. It was fairly early in the morning. My mom was on the freeway driving too slow like she always did. A group of bikers began to pass us. My mom smiled and waved when all of a sudden one of the bikers swerved right in front of her and through an empty bottle of booze on the pavement right in front of the car. He was an ugly devil and with a bad attitude.

Looking back ... I know now that he was a drunken coward who was real tough when he was terrorizing a mother and her two kids.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I've never had a problem with any of them, and I know many, from a few different clubs. Generally 1%'rs will never start any issues with outsiders, as long as you don't start one with them. They have their own code of honor, some more than others. Internal discipline is strong and severe. The guys I know say the hardest part ain't earning your rocker but keeping it. All of them I know are centered around the idea of living in a world outside the system.

Every one of them I've ever known were super respectful to Vets, always offering to buy beers and hang out. HAMC, AOA, Scorpions, and one really old school Pagans Nomad, all pretty decent dudes, more concerned with talking about Panheads and drinking George ****el while listening to Blues music than anything else. I also know the granddaughter of the founder of the Sons of Silence(anyone from CO should know them). Pagans have pretty much died out though for a number of reasons. A significant number of the clubs were founded by Vets as well. They're not really the monsters people think they are, but they don't put up with any BS either. There's many who are capable of doing really bad stuff, but, if you're not involved, generally you won't be. Most are really more worried about making money in their territories as well, from various enterprises some legit and some not so much. That's what the whole Waco shootout was really about.

A bit off topic, but Putin is a member of a biker gang, the Night Wolves. They were originally building ties with the HAMC, but those ties have long since been cut. They've been active in Ukraine and recently got banned in Poland. There's a few Danish MCs fighting alongside the Kurds against ISIS. Pretty BA in my book.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never had a problem with any of them, and I know many, from a few different clubs. Generally 1%'rs will never start any issues with outsiders, as long as you don't start one with them. They have their own code of honor, some more than others. Internal discipline is strong and severe. The guys I know say the hardest part ain't earning your rocker but keeping it. All of them I know are centered around the idea of living in a world outside the system.

Every one of them I've ever known were super respectful to Vets, always offering to buy beers and hang out. HAMC, AOA, Scorpions, and one really old school Pagans Nomad, all pretty decent dudes, more concerned with talking about Panheads and drinking George ****el while listening to Blues music than anything else. I also know the granddaughter of the founder of the Sons of Silence(anyone from CO should know them). Pagans have pretty much died out though for a number of reasons. A significant number of the clubs were founded by Vets as well. They're not really the monsters people think they are, but they don't put up with any BS either. There's many who are capable of doing really bad stuff, but, if you're not involved, generally you won't be. Most are really more worried about making money in their territories as well, from various enterprises some legit and some not so much. That's what the whole Waco shootout was really about.

A bit off topic, but Putin is a member of a biker gang, the Night Wolves. They were originally building ties with the HAMC, but those ties have long since been cut. They've been active in Ukraine and recently got banned in Poland. There's a few Danish MCs fighting alongside the Kurds against ISIS. Pretty BA in my book.
Interesting! I've known a number of very tough bikers but none belonged to a particular gang. I've never had any problems with them as an adult and have seen a number of them on the road. They're just people doing people things most of the time.

This thread, of course, was inspired by the recent gun fight in Waco, TX (mainly between the Banditos and the Cossacks). 9 dead and several injured.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Interesting! I've known a number of very tough bikers but none belonged to a particular gang. I've never had any problems with them as an adult and have seen a number of them on the road. They're just people doing people things most of the time.

This thread, of course, was inspired by the recent gun fight in Waco, TX (mainly between the Banditos and the Cossacks). 9 dead and several injured.
Yeah that stuff has to do with the Bandidos wanting to expand into Waco, and the local MCs not happy about it. The Twin Peaks incident started out as a meeting to try to settle things down. The Police arrested the number they did simply to get them all off the streets, because they've declared war on each other and are trying to keep it from getting worse. I think this is the first incident of a few in the future. HAMC and AOA have a long history of these kind of incidents, and HAMC and Bandidos were the two belligerents in the Great Nordic Biker War all over Scandinavia. That's a crazy story to get into...

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that stuff has to do with the Bandidos wanting to expand into Waco, and the local MCs not happy about it. The Twin Peaks incident started out as a meeting to try to settle things down. The Police arrested the number they did simply to get them all off the streets, because they've declared war on each other and are trying to keep it from getting worse. I think this is the first incident of a few in the future. HAMC and AOA have a long history of these kind of incidents, and HAMC and Bandidos were the two belligerents in the Great Nordic Biker War all over Scandinavia. That's a crazy story to get into...
Did a little research and it appears that the Cossacks are backed by the HAMC. Interesting to watch but what a waste of life over tribal "territory."

·
Banned
10,726 Posts
How would we know?
There are plenty of aging baby boomers with motorcycles that are harmless. Do not confuse them with the gangs above. Bikers now seem willing to go to some length to distance themselves from the posers. The hard core bikers live on violence. Keep your distance from them. Like my biker friends used to tell me if you meet the real bikers. Play dumb, be respectful, and never tell them where you live.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
As long as you are able to tolerate arrogance while on a roadway shared with a club riding with you, you probably will be fine...they generally avoid trouble with outsiders on general principles...too much headache...but while riding,they demand space and will go weasel in a heartbeat
It's not so much arrogance as it is them having to hold on to their "rep." I used to know quite a few Bandits around Austin, Vic the Prick, Downtown Danny, Smokey, and few others stick in my mind. Knew a few people who "prospected" too. They were mostly good people, in the right situation. But, nobody messes with them, and if you're not looking for trouble in your life you don't get involved in their culture, or business.

I knew Downtown Danny before he became a Bandit. He was an ex Army Ranger, and did two tours in the jungle. We became "kinda" friends because we worked out that planes off my ship had flown air support for his unit during one of the Tet offensives. We always treated each other with respect.

When he went terminal with, Agent Orange cancers, I went to visit him. He was surrounded by his brothers, and I had a little trouble getting in to see him. But, I did get through to him for a few minutes. After that it was like I had a special relationship with the Bandits. When I saw them I always got a nod, or a handshake, and was treated very well by any Bandit I met. They're loyalty is uncompromising, but your's better be too.

You'd be surprised, maybe, at how many of them have some kind of "prepper" mentality. I guess when you can be picked up by the police at any point, and held, for who knows how long, you have to make sure your family is taken care of.

·
Banned
985 Posts
None of them are Tough, they are Criminals, Drug Dealers, Thugs and Thieves or wannabe's destroying people and communities.....( Tough ) would be meeting at a remote area and settling differences away from innocent people ....and then have an Apache gunship clean up what was left.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.