Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Scout Motto - Be Prepared
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6920 with standard GI trigger group. It's a little heavy, I want it lighter. What's the cheapest way to do this? I know there are drop in trigger assemblies that can cost a hundred bucks or several hundred. I have heard that by replacing one spring with a lighter one, it can be done for about $12 and helps lower the trigger pull. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get a -- trigger pull spring --- take a reading -- then polish every thing that touches & rubs -- another reading --- report back --- then if you need to spend money --

And now you have a new tool for all the others --
This. And if you're still not happy, the ALG ACT trigger goes for about $65 online and comes with 2 hammer springs. Use the "purple" hammer spring and I think you'll be happy. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
For those of you who decide to "polish" the trigger, make sure you do NOT remove material.

Going from a smooth, safe flat sear surface to one that will get you killed is a blink of an eye..............

For those who have never taken one apart, this is a pretty good tutorial on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BZ3vQ46CDQ

For the 65 bucks, the ALG trigger would go in mine, and I build the things..........

·
What hell, pay attention
8,998 Posts
Id just dry fire the thing until it was no longer a bother. ;)

Reactions: Crixus

·
Living Simple
992 Posts
JP trigger spring and trigger spring only for reliability sake. The hammer spring MAY give you light strikes, it depends on the primers. Then take a polishing wheel, the clothish kind, on a dremel and lightly and slowly polish the main surfaces with a rouge compound.

That will help some but I would concur with others and just get an ALG offering and call it a day.

That being said, once you fork out the money for one higher end trigger you will see what you've been missing. It's kinda like going from a Pinto to a Cadillac. I went with a CMC and now that's what goes in everything that wasn't already equipped with ALG's.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Problem with polishing trigger surfaces is if you a) change the geometry, and it is no-longer as safe as it should be from bumps, etc. or b) if you go through the case hardening and then the geometry will rapidly change from wear.

Long story short? Stop being such a damn cheapskate and buy a trigger that will suit your needs. Or rather, wants.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.