Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Average Joe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, been a year since I got a Mossberg 702.

But I realize that there is hardly any aftermarket stuff for it.

The only things they sell for it is 10rd and 25rd magazine made from Mossberg and dang they are expensive and hard to find.

The rifle is getting kind of popular, but never get nuff attention unlike the 10/22

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Put a scope on it / bipod / sling / a bunch of extra mags / work the trigger a little -- and paint it pink --- then leave it alone --

·
Average Joe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a scope for it and synthetic black and I can not find extra mags anywhere and the gun only came with one mag.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Mid-Way USA -- get on the list -- every time they send me the e-mail notofacation -- I get a few - for the Wifey --

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I cant think of anybody I know who has one, now 10/22, just about everybody I know has one. Now maybe if mossberg got things rolling with some add ons there might be aftermarket stuff. Its just simple demand, not to many people are out looking for stuff for a 702. Even remingtons version hasnt really gone to far. Yea there are people wanting parts, but not enough for most companies to put the effort into designing and making the parts. They might be waiting to see how long the model sticks around, that butt ugly AR/702 thing they made, from what I see they are having a hard time giving them away.

·
aint afraid of no ghost
2,388 Posts
Yup the 702 as good as it is will probably never be as popular as the 10/22 for a couple reasons
The first is Mossberg for the moment is viewed as a shot gun company though that is changing quickly.
The second is it is produced in Brazil and because of that it gets taken off many people radar.
In all honesty there is really no other .22 that has the support of the 10/22

1 - 7 of 7 Posts