Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Mossberg 500 Mariner with 12" Hogue LOP buttstock.

Even with the shortened LOP, I still have issues getting a good grip on the trigger. My finger barely reaches (I have short fingers).

I realized the issue is not my LOP, but the distance between the grip and the trigger itself. Most shorter LOP buttstocks have the same size grip, just a shorter distance between the grip and the end of the buttstock.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket vendor that makes a smaller grip with a shorter distance between the back of the grip and the trigger?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Don't want a pistol grip if I can avoid it, but may have to go in that direction. I am assuming that the Maverick also has the safety on the top of the tang, just like my 500. Do your scouts have issues working the safety (without changing their grip)?

·
Psalm 23:4
2,890 Posts
The magpul SGA has different ergonomics that shortens the distance. Enough for your hands? Can't say for sure. It also has adjustable LOP and cheek risers are available.

Aside from that, Ajole is right.... pistol grip stocks.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Thank you. Don't want a pistol grip if I can avoid it, but may have to go in that direction. I am assuming that the Maverick also has the safety on the top of the tang, just like my 500. Do your scouts have issues working the safety (without changing their grip)?
No, the Maverick has a crossbolt safety, right down by the trigger where it should be.:D:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Have a Mossberg 500 Mariner with 12" Hogue LOP buttstock.

Even with the shortened LOP, I still have issues getting a good grip on the trigger. My finger barely reaches (I have short fingers).

I realized the issue is not my LOP, but the distance between the grip and the trigger itself. Most shorter LOP buttstocks have the same size grip, just a shorter distance between the grip and the end of the buttstock.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket vendor that makes a smaller grip with a shorter distance between the back of the grip and the trigger?
Have you tried a youth or woman's stock ?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried a youth or woman's stock ?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I have a Hogue 12" LOP stock that is a youth stock. It doesnt address the issue. The shorter LOP stocks just shorten the distance between the grip and the end of the buttstock. The distance between the grip and the trigger remains the same, which is the root cause of my issue.

But thanks for replying. I appreciate this forum and the varied experience of the posters here.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,863 Posts
Unless you want to hold onto the receiver with your straight stock, there's not much that you can do by way of changing the stock brand. The stock length at the receiver to the trigger is always going to remain the same. The only way to shorten that length is to choke up on the stock/receiver joint. The ONLY way to shorten that distance and keep a decent, comfortable grip is a pistol grip stock. That will move your hand more forward toward the trigger. That ATI that Ajole suggested above is the smallest pistol grip SIZE I know of. If that's not enough, grab a Dremel and start cutting the back of the grip.

Welcome to the forum, sir!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts