Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Prepped
307 Posts
Hey guys Ive been leaning towards a Remmy 870 for my first real shotgun (used my 20g for squirrel hunting but wanted a larger gun I could use to hunt deer locally since they frown on my rifles) but have just recently started leaning towards the Mossberg 500 more. That being said I am looking at buying a one of the "Just In Case" models since it would double as a home defense gun. I also want to shorten the barrel about 2 inches and then get a 2nd longer barrel for hunting and clays. And Ive just started learning about the Knoxx specops recoil reducing stocks so that would probably be my choice for a stock. Im thinking that should serve me well for shooting skeet and training my fiancee with it. I obviously am looking at the J.I.C. for the Bug Out and survival aspect but in all seriousness im not sure the gun would ever see that case once it leaves it. Still im sure I can find plenty of other useful stuff to store in there though. What do you guys think of this setup and am I looking in the right direction or should I do something else completly?
The Mossy JIC is cool but not really practical (In my opinion).. A 12ga. with a pistol grip is not really easy to shoot. I have a 500 with a pistol grip and find it pretty awkward. If I decide to keep it I guess I'll put a laser on it so I can see where it's pointed because I'm not going to be aiming the gun. Cutting the barrel would make things worse as well as illegal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.