Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ignorance is strength
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I can't find an 18" barrel for this thing. I have been told at one place that they're on backorder, so maybe I'll just wait. Any ideas?

I did find a slug barrel (24"). How bad will shot screw up the rifling?

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Shot will not screw up rifling but it will lead the barrel. Bear to clear and it makes a mess of your pattern.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'd look for a 20' or 24' choked barrel. I bought a 20' and am way happier with that than the 18.5'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For some reason I can't find an 18" barrel for this thing. I have been told at one place that they're on backorder, so maybe I'll just wait. Any ideas?

cheaperthandirt.com has 18.5 barrels and gunbrokers.com has 18.5 barrels on aution. maybe this will help you

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
390 Posts
I just bought one from the Local Gander mountain they still had Two more on the shelf paid $79. for it its an all purpose 18.5 just in case barrel, They do store tranfers and if you call them they will ship it to you at a cost. Rochester, MN

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
Bought a NOS 28" on gunbroker two or three weeks ago for $25. Sliced it to 20" and will probably end up tapping it for an Accuchoke. If you can't find what you want, consider having one cut.

r

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've considered doing that, but isn't it rather expensive to thread a choke? For that matter, making it a 20" i assume your either making a slug gun or an HD gun and wouldn't an open bore almost always be better for what you use it for anyway?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts