Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
The parts sound like the choke tube and choke wrench. Look inside the muzzle of the barrel and see if there's already a tube in there. If there is, the wrench should fit the two notches in it.

The barrel, can you post a pic of the chamber end?

r

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
Anyway, here are the pics. Thoughts
JEEZUS!!!

You've got a choke tube in the chamber!!!!! Remove that! It goes in the other end of the barrel!!!

Notice the two notches inside the other end of the barrel? The muzzle? That flat piece of metal is a choke tube wrench and you can use it to unscrew the choke you have mounted now. You just have two (three?) choke tubes is all. Once you remove that choke from your chamber, the barrel will fit the receiver like a glove. Use the flat wrench to change your chokes to suit your intended target.

rich

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
In any other gun, I'd suggest a broken shell extractor to remove it....but they don't make those for 12ga's.

I'm going to go and grab one and stick it in the chamber and see if I can get it back out. Might help you.

I can really believe that came from the dealer like that, too. I've seen worse. I had one fellow on the phone for close to an hour once trying to explain to him that a Speedfeed stock just held the shells at the ready, not load them into the shotgun as it was being fired. He was convinced those four extra shells would somehow load from the stock to the receiver by themselves....a dealer had told him so.

Sh*t happens. It happens to all of us.

Ok, in a used/slightly dirty barrel chamber that little sucker is a tight fit. I couldn't get it in as far as yours without some considerable force and that, I didn't want to do. In a new barrel, though, it's a snug fit but it goes in as deep as yours in the pic and I can work it out with my finger. Don't use a multitool yet! If it bends the edge of that choke tube the slightest, the tube will be ruined. That's $8. Try sticking your index finger in to the far edge of the tube and flex your finger so it's tight in the tube and try to work it out. I have big hands and mine worked pretty easily. When we had you closing the bolt, it shouldn't have pushed it in any harder, though, so that should be ok.

Barring the finger, the best I'd suggest would be a clothes hanger wire tool bent into the proper shape with two hooks on the ends of the wire. Try the finger.

rich

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
As much as I want the barrel now, I think I may just return it, get my $200 bucks back,
$200?????? TAKE IT BACK! Take it back now! Have you taken it back yet? Get it in gear, son! Take it back!

Get the $200 back and spend $50 on that same barrel on gunbroker. You'll have to pop for the tubes one by one, but that's $25 for all three. Really, never pay retail if the zombies aren't pounding on your door at that very moment. There's always a better deal to be had.

Honestly, though, that tube would almost definitely come out with some pliers, but $200 is way to much for that barrel and three tubes. I suggest returning it for that reason alone.

rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.