Votes: 14 58.3%
  • undecided/like them equally

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Barbarian
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both great games, both have their pros and cons. Which one do you like better, and why.

Personally, I prefer Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. over Oblivion: GOTYE, Morrowind, has more weapons, more armours, the persuasion tasks are a lot easier and user friendly. The two expansion main quests are very interesting, especially the Bloodmoon quests, I can say that that is my favourite thing in the whole game, the whole island of Solstheim is just epic, the mountains, the wolves and bears, the werewolves, the Rieklings, the weapons and armour, the quests. A Nordic paradise I would say.

The main Morrowind island itself is fun too, silt striders, the giant flying jellyfish, the memorable characters.

Oblivion wasn't a bad game, there were just things about it that I didn't like. It felt repetitive on the quests. After about the 3rd Oblivion gate, I was like "oh come on!" that stuff got old quick. Another thing I didn't like is that the enemies and items found level with you, It sucks being a Level 3 guy and not being able to find some epic high quality weapon that deals damage to the max.

The things I liked about Oblivion, the story is pretty good, the combat is way improved over Morrowind, using magic is better, if you shoot an arrow into the ground, you can see it and get it back, the Dark Brotherhood quests rule, and the Arena was cool too.

Now, let the debating begin!

·
Angels on the sidelines..
205 Posts
While I agree with you on the Oblivion Gate comment, I just like the better graphics/textures, how in depth each person's life was with a schedule and time-table and such. With that said, I love them both ALMOST equally.

·
Barbarian
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I agree with you on the Oblivion Gate comment, I just like the better graphics/textures, how in depth each person's life was with a schedule and time-table and such. With that said, I love them both ALMOST equally.
I do like the graphics of Oblivion, and how the fighting doesn't seem robotic like Morrowind's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oblivion hands down. I had Morrowind on Xbox and hated it.(got it for free)

Oblivion PC is amazing, and how you can add the texture packs and more houses and things.

·
American
259 Posts
I work for a famous retailer that I cannot name, but it rhymes with Lame Mop, and Ive played both games all the way through. In Morrowind GOTY edition for PC you can edit your own quests, which was a big plus in my book, something that Oblivion lacked. I liked Oblivion better though due to its SHTF feel to it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I liked Morrowind a lot but it is so freaking long I never beat it, a few friends and I would get together and play it for hours just trying to beat it and couldn't then something got screwed up with our save games and we lost like 5 hours of gameplay and we never picked back up. It is a immersive game though all Bethesda RPG's are.

Oblivion, had some very nice touches to how you could teleport to cities you had been to, or take a horse. Obviously the graphics were much better but that is to be expected.

Both of the games are excellent in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oblivion for the same reasons metioned earlier.

One thing I always had a small complaint about was the peculiarness of the character textures and designs. Everyone and every thing they wear just doesn't look right. They look like they all have a mild case of downs syndrome or something.

I am REALLY looking forward to the next generation of the Elder Scrolls installment. Programed for the capabilities of current and future systems this franchise will Rule all RPGs!

·
Registered
946 Posts
ROSE

Sounds **** and I guess it is. Hell, I'm playing as some fairy like thing and i'm a middle aged bloke :p Anime style... back to basics.

Almost had myself sorted in a server when the damn thing went down... 1&1/2 years gone. On my second attempt now to beat it at another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts