Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Good to hear he only got 8 years. Now whether he deserves 8 years... I can't say without hearing the facts. Were there other ways to get her daughter back? Other avenues that he could have taken first. Don't know. But certainly didn't deserve life like he got at the original trial.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
I'd have let the guy walk for that shooting. Some people just need killing.
And some people just need to know how to raise their kids.

Come on, the father should have stopped his daughter in the very beginning from dating trash and losers like that.

But parenting obviously was done by MTV...

Children have to be taught and to learn values. Then sh*t like this does not happen. 16 years old and living together with her "boyfriend"? What a slut...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Somehow i doubt whether prison helps or is effective for preventing this happening in the future (sending someone to prison can be as much punishment for the taxpayers as for someone who committed the crime)... It seems the guy really didn't know what to do, and decided there was nothing better he could do for his daughter.. Although if everyone shot people they didn't like the worlds population might decrease drastically, so its no excuse really...

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,889 Posts
As a father of 2 daughters:

If I'm willing to do the time, to save my daughters then thats my business....not yours! I will do what is necessary......

It's all situation dependent.

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
All I can say is - Good for the father. I had a very different reply typed out, but it was pretty harsh for some of the sensitivities expressed in this thread. Scathing really. I decided it was better to be...:taped:

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting responses.

Not manslaughter though. 5 shots is a lot. He went there with a gun instead of with police as he was the parent and legal guardian...so premeditated. There were legal avenues to take to get his teenage daughter..not vigilantism. Funny how he 'forgot everything that happened' that night.

He was originally convicted of murder but the judge messed up and there was a retrial. I'm assuming a few things got thrown out of court because of it hence the manslaughter charge.

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,837 Posts
I love how Poco is always nice to me then thanks a guy who says I should seve on a jury.
Proving again how two faced he is. Last time I saw this was during the darkside wars.

Reactions: blackkitty

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
I love how Poco is always nice to me then thanks a guy who says I should seve on a jury.
Proving again how two faced he is. Last time I saw this was during the darkside wars.
LOL I don't ALWAYS agree with you Dak. I am my own person after all. So I disagree with you and I'm two faced huh? :confused::rolleyes: Just so you know, I don't always agree with everyone. :thumb:

Oh, and I'm not always nice to you either. There have been a few times we have been at odds.

Darkside wars huh? So THAT'S what it is called. I was "Two faced" then? Funny I was trying to help you out then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts