Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
chemical companies here in Houston shutting down entirely. I forget which one though. I know the Dow plant in Freeport is doomed

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I'm at the biggest refinery expansion project in Texas right now, a three year job. Last week, just before Christmas, they laid off all the construction project workers, and told them if they did not get a call back by Jan 15, to look for something else. That's not looking good. The CEO, sent out an email to all company divisions, to look for savings, that don't impact safety, or production, and do it. That could mean cutting consultants, and contractors, who's job could be done by company employees. I'm a contractor.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
"Roadway express to elimanate 210 jobs.I can only assume this is just the beginning."
JRNC26

We are getting hit hard on the coast the past month with several factories closing or reducing.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
or you have the proper paperwork handy for owning a destructive device. dont ask me how hard that is though

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
They laid off 40 of the 600 at our plant just before christmas. Our Jersey plant laid off 200+ I was told and our Tyler Texas plant around 350.

We lost a glass factory here earlier in the year, went to China.

it's gonna get worse before better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts