Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is most often killed directly from the Virus? The old. Those with high blood pressure, smokers, breathing issues, compromised immune systems? Many politicians are telling us that we are shutting down the economy to protect the most vulnerable among us. I have a 92 yr old mother in assisted living, so I naturally think of Momma Hick when they say that.

But are we really doing all this to protect my mom, and who are we really hurting by shutting down the economy? If the objective of the shut down is to protect folks like Moma Hick, we have chosen the most indirect and ineffective method of doing it. We could have tried posting medical screnners and security at her place, and fetching her food and meds.

If the objective was only to slow the rate of transmission, so our health care system could keep up, we have likewise chosen a really stupid method. A far better solution woukd be agressive CV testing at work, with mandatory 10 day quarentine of those who have it. Not a half hearted quarentine of the whole country.

We do not have all the numbers, but we do know that many times more people have already gotten the virus, and gotten better on their own without any medical care, than have been tested or treated for the virus. About 60 times more. The number of confirmed cases in the US is around 1 million (.3%). The number found with antibodies is around 20%.

So lets compare the cost of protecting my Mom with the cost of shutting down the country. Who has been harmed, and who will likely be harmed by the shut down.

The biggest group being harmed are our kids. No school, no sports, no school lunch, no college, no summer jobs, no way to confirm college next fall. We rescheduled the summer Olympics, and cancelled our amature and our professional sporting events.

The next group being harmed are our farmers. After a two year trade war and hard fought negotiations with China, we are not only not selling grain and livestock to China, we are destroying our hogs, and burrying the carcase.

The third group being harmed are the oil field workers (Fracers) that produced the resurgence of American energy production. Thanks for all your hard work, now go find another job.

But the biggest group of folks being harmed is all of us. Every person will suffer from the trillions of new dollars being borrowed and spent. Those of us retired on pension, and those saving for retirement just lost more ground. I hated Obama when he borrowed one trillion per yr to prop up his blue state supporters. Now I am hating Trump for borrowing ten times that amount. Exactly who is going to pay all that back?

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,872 Posts
Agreed. Very well done.

But do you really expect politicians to show common sense during an election year? :D:

If they had any common sense, they would have focused the payments on those who are out of work due to the shutdowns, rather than sending money the government doesn't have to everyone.

Anyone on a fixed income has not seen any reduction in their income. Social security recipients, welfare recipients, and many others have not seen any drop in their income.

I believe Trump is hoping the money will help give the economy a needed boost, but the chickens will eventually come home to roost when we spend trillions we don't have.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Who is most often killed directly from the Virus? The old. Those with high blood pressure, smokers, breathing issues, compromised immune systems? Many politicians are telling us that we are shutting down the economy to protect the most vulnerable among us. I have a 92 yr old mother in assisted living, so I naturally think of Momma Hick when they say that.

But are we really doing all this to protect my mom, and who are we really hurting by shutting down the economy? If the objective of the shut down is to protect folks like Moma Hick, we have chosen the most indirect and ineffective method of doing it. We could have tried posting medical screnners and security at her place, and fetching her food and meds.

If the objective was only to slow the rate of transmission, so our health care system could keep up, we have likewise chosen a really stupid method. A far better solution woukd be agressive CV testing at work, with mandatory 10 day quarentine of those who have it. Not a half hearted quarentine of the whole country.

We do not have all the numbers, but we do know that many times more people have already gotten the virus, and gotten better on their own without any medical care, than have been tested or treated for the virus. About 60 times more. The number of confirmed cases in the US is around 1 million (.3%). The number found with antibodies is around 20%.

So lets compare the cost of protecting my Mom with the cost of shutting down the country. Who has been harmed, and who will likely be harmed by the shut down.

The biggest group being harmed are our kids. No school, no sports, no school lunch, no college, no summer jobs, no way to confirm college next fall. We rescheduled the summer Olympics, and cancelled our amature and our professional sporting events.

The next group being harmed are our farmers. After a two year trade war and hard fought negotiations with China, we are not only not selling grain and livestock to China, we are destroying our hogs, and burrying the carcase.

The third group being harmed are the oil field workers (Fracers) that produced the resurgence of American energy production. Thanks for all your hard work, now go find another job.

But the biggest group of folks being harmed is all of us. Every person will suffer from the trillions of new dollars being borrowed and spent. Those of us retired on pension, and those saving for retirement just lost more ground. I hated Obama when he borrowed one trillion per yr to prop up his blue state supporters. Now I am hating Trump for borrowing ten times that amount. Exactly who is going to pay all that back?

By shutting down the economy the families who are paying the Old Folks Homes to care for their "Momma Hicks" are not going to be able to pay the monthly bill. Not only are families hurt but all those "Momma Hicks" are going to suffer as well. How can they pay for grandma's medicines and other necessities? Politicians don't care about "the most vulnerable among us." They're interested in control and power. They'd watch their own grandma die if it meant maintaining or gaining power.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,872 Posts
Here is an interesting series of interviews in one video. I've mentioned this Dr. Rashid Buttar before. He put up a series of videos about the coronavirus. YouTube took them down. He then did an interview with Gary Franchi from The Next News Network. YouTube took that one down, as well. Why? It doesn't fit the narrative being pushed by the Left.

These doctors are calling for Dr. Faichi's arrest.

Drs. Buttar, Shiva & Mikovits BLAST Gates, Call to ARREST Fauci as Crisis CRUSHES Economy

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It would be interesting to start watching graphs on violent crime, murder, suicide, etc - starting in say around January, to see where those numbers go from the start of this out for the next few years to see the impact. sociologists will be doing analysis for decades I'm sure.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Here is an interesting series of interviews in one video. I've mentioned this Dr. Rashid Buttar before. He put up a series of videos about the coronavirus. YouTube took them down. He then did an interview with Gary Franchi from The Next News Network. YouTube took that one down, as well. Why? It doesn't fit the narrative being pushed by the Left.

These doctors are calling for Dr. Faichi's arrest.

Drs. Buttar, Shiva & Mikovits BLAST Gates, Call to ARREST Fauci as Crisis CRUSHES Economy

EXCLUSIVE: Drs. Buttar, Shiva & Mikovits BLAST Gates, Call to ARREST Fauci as Crisis CRUSHES Economy - YouTube

BitChute still has a lot of these informative videos up and in place for our viewing pleasure. But the leftists and fearmongers (even in this forum) either refuse to watch them or "poo poo" them. Why? It doesn't fit their narrative!

Reactions: CP1776 and Lagnar

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Its more than wrong, its enemy propaganda.

Oh no, those poor kids freed from the government run education camps, the poor farmers no longer shipping our food halfway around the world to feed communists, oh no, the frackers who have been out of work anyway for the five years because their method of getting oil is only cost effective If gas costs $4 a gallon.

Like I said in my other post, its not just wrong, its enemy propaganda from those who want to destroy us.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too late to reopen the economy in states like New York. They are already dead. They will suffer for at least a decade, and snivel for more federal money.
The center of the country might recover in a few yrs. But we have clearly thrown away our trade advantages.

Because the biggest problem is almost every other country shut down their economy just like we did, and no one is going to be buying our Oil, Gas, or farm produce for a long time.
The price of shutting down the economy is likely the greatest economic depression of all time. I am 60 yrs old and I dont expect to see the end of it.

Go ahead and hide from a virus that kills almost no one.

·
Dismember
1,970 Posts
If they had any common sense, they would have focused the payments on those who are out of work due to the shutdowns, rather than sending money the government doesn't have to everyone.

Anyone on a fixed income has not seen any reduction in their income. Social security recipients, welfare recipients, and many others have not seen any drop in their income.
Election year
Then, sign the checks and pretend it's YOUR money. and not taxpayers grandchildrens' money.

My retired ex-and-wife are using theirs to get a cute little boat dock and electronic lift for their Jet Skis. I could hurl.

No complaints around this board, though, because their team did it.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Plenty of complaints, you must not read well.
BTW, it wasn’t a single side that did it, it was both sides.

Trumps original idea was loans to keep people at work, or at least on the payroll.
But no, the professional politicians couldn’t get enough votes out of that, so they gave the money to the voters directly, even though it did NOTHING to solve any problems.

Feel free to point your silly fingers back at your own side, now.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,087 Posts
No complaints around this board, though, because their team did it.
And your team wants ten times more. Even for foreign nationals here illegally and to bail out poorly run states which were economic messes to begin with.

I doubt the 1200 bucks will offset the lack of buying power that is lost through flooding the economy with $4 Trillion of funny money.

·
Banned
9,794 Posts
I've been saying it for over a month now. This isn't about protecting people. This isn't about saving lives. It never was. That is why they need to rely so much on fear and emotion to do to us what's being done.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts