Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been living and working in montana for a number of years. We are watching the influx lately of people moving here and throwing large amounts of money around. Our experience was enough years ago we were able to find 20 acres of undeveloped land adjacent to national forest where we built the cabin, underground shelter and garden. Al that went up in smoke in a forest fire so now we are are on the outskirts of a town (35K people) where deer and bear wander thru the yard.
We have rented land or a self contained apt in our house for years and it is a lifestyle that I think will become more prevalent in the immediate future as things tighten up economically and also for mutual defense. What are other peoples view on house sharing or renting out a RV spot here in the northwest.

·
Dirt Dweller
487 Posts
I wouldn’t like it, but if its the only thing in the budget then I’d have to do. BTW I love montana. I fly fished all over the state and northern Wyoming. Great area full of some real rugged individualists.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's official, montana now has permit less CCW basically everywhere. Two veterans introduced and got passed a bill to allow carry just about anywhere even the state capital buildings. You will hear about leftwing law suits and liberals wailing but you won't hear about any antifa style riots in the future. Mainly the new laws are just acknowledging what has already been taking place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I will have to find out. Hopefully this new law will simplify the gun laws within the state. For instance where i live the town decided that concealed carry but there should be no bullets in the gun??
Non-Residents
Montana recognizes concealed weapons permits from some other states. Non-residents must meet the following criteria to carry a concealed weapon in Montana:
  • The state that issued their permit must require a criminal records background check before issuing a permit.
  • The permit must be in the holder’s possession.
  • The permit holder must have photo identification.

·
Dirt Dweller
487 Posts
I guess I will have to find out. Hopefully this new law will simplify the gun laws within the state. For instance where i live the town decided that concealed carry but there should be no bullets in the gun??
Non-Residents
Montana recognizes concealed weapons permits from some other states. Non-residents must meet the following criteria to carry a concealed weapon in Montana:
  • The state that issued their permit must require a criminal records background check before issuing a permit.
  • The permit must be in the holder’s possession.
  • The permit holder must have photo identification.
Thanks. I love Montana., but mostly in the summer.

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,295 Posts
OP, is the right to carry just for residents of MT or anyone visiting the state?
I hope the law states the persons from states that do not reciprocate with Montana law are not allowed to bring weapons into the state.(y)

F the anti-2nd liberal states

1 - 7 of 7 Posts