• Bank

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Home

Votes: 40 55.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Since both wasn't a choice I went with bank. The majority of my money is there but we keep emergency funds at home.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
with the crappy interests rates we get now, the bank is just a convenience for direct deposit of paychecks, and just not having alot of cash around for someone to steal.

is anyone else old enough to remember a simple passbook savings account giving something lke 3.5% compounded interest, and the bank would give you a nice toaster for your troubles when you opened the account?!!? anyone?

that being said, cash on hand in the hidden safe, would, um, *cough* be good. hypothetically. ;)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
with the crappy interests rates we get now, the bank is just a convenience for direct deposit of paychecks, and just not having alot of cash around for someone to steal.

is anyone else old enough to remember a simple passbook savings account giving something lke 3.5% compounded interest, and the bank would give you a nice toaster for your troubles when you opened the account?!!? anyone?

that being said, cash on hand in the hidden safe, would, um, *cough* be good. hypothetically. ;)
Amen. Those were the days when the bank actually paid YOU! They had a personal relationship with their customers. Their money was made from the interest on the loans they made and safe deposit box rentals--not the depositors' accounts.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
Amen. Those were the days when the bank actually paid YOU! They had a personal relationship with their customers. Their money was made from the interest on the loans they made and safe deposit box rentals--not the depositors' accounts.
yeah, I remember, even as a young child, understanding the value of the interest, seeing it grow, and seeing the QUALITY stuff you'd get for opening an account. for those not in the know, visualize a high quality metal toaster you've seen in 1950s and 1960s TV shows.

they gave you that. free. :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
yeah, I remember, even as a young child, understanding the value of the interest, seeing it grow, and seeing the QUALITY stuff you'd get for opening an account. for those not in the know, visualize a high quality metal toaster you've seen in 1950s and 1960s TV shows.

they gave you that. free. :)
...even gave your first checks free. Nowadays the bank "approves" you to open an account then charges you account setup fees among your options of other fees to pay. Not to mention the conveneince fee just for asking to open an account...

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'm pulling all mine out of banks and credit unions and converting at least half to gold and silver coins plus some junior mining stocks. They can keep their crumby 3%.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I saw in Aldi,s last year what I thought were cans of fruit for sale and baked beans.
Upon studying them, I realised they were money hides, with a bottom that could be released.they looked just like the real thing.
Obviously cut open books arent the only thing money is hidden in.I think there is a thread on this too from way back.

·
Gold memba-золот&#10
588 Posts
I am proud to say I've never kept money in the bank. Never had a credit card. Never had a cell phone. :thumb::D:
I 'm kinda like you as well. Right now I have about $1000 in the bank, just in case I need to order something online or other instances when you gotta pay with a card. I don't have a credit card, just a visa logo on my atm - works the same. Absolutely hate cell phones and refuse to have one to this day. I think I need to see a therapist:D:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts