Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you can get the show Inside Edition, there is a gentleman about to come on predicting the downfall of America: Food riots, revolutions etc.

I will update after it airs in a few minutes.

UPDATED:

I've seen this guy before, only once. His name is Gerald Celente.

He believes the economy will get worse (duh) and said that riots will break out and the crime rate will soar because people are going hungry and will do anything for food. Set to happen by 2012 (why is this such a horrible year?).

I looked him up and found the following links regarding him:

From Alex Jones website:
http://www.truthnews.us/?p=964

Trends Research (the video that plays is amazing):
http://www.trendsresearch.com/

Interesting article on a College board (just scroll down to article, the LAST paragraph really says it all):
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...e-dragflation-great-2008-2009-depression.html

·
Registered
100 Posts
Set to happen by 2012 (why is this such a horrible year?).

I-politics/567726-gerald-celente-dragflation-great-2008-2009-depression.html[/url]
An old Mayan belief was that their was 6 races of men before us, and they were all destroyed by the gods for their imperfections, like failure to pray or lazyness. In the year 2012, the seventh race of men (us) will be found wanting and be destroyed. The world will turn over and the 8th race of men will be created.

I personally think that 2012 is the new Y2K. But the creepyness factor combined with how close they came in their prediction about Quetzlecoatl (wrong spelling I know.), makes me a little nervous, especially with the possiblilites of our own world with the economy and terrorism.

·
Gold memba-золот&#10
588 Posts
Gerald Celente is the late night radio show "Coast to Coast" regular. I 've heard some of what he has to say and it is quite scary. On the other hand, can/should he be put in the same boat as Alex Jones? I know some on this site don't take the guy very seriously. I dunno.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He was on the Alex Jones show last week. It was one of the best I've heard. This man is very intelligent. I'm sure you could find a Youtube clip of the show.

·
Simple Man
428 Posts
Set to happen by 2012 (why is this such a horrible year?).
An old Mayan belief was that their was 6 races of men before us, and they were all destroyed by the gods for their imperfections, like failure to pray or lazyness. In the year 2012, the seventh race of men (us) will be found wanting and be destroyed. The world will turn over and the 8th race of men will be created.

I personally think that 2012 is the new Y2K. But the creepyness factor combined with how close they came in their prediction about Quetzlecoatl (wrong spelling I know.), makes me a little nervous, especially with the possiblilites of our own world with the economy and terrorism.
2012 is what ive been prepping for since i heard about it....

good luck

T
I believe 2012 is the year set for a "polar shift" as well. Where the world makes a full turn on its axis, or something of that nature. This has never happened before in recorded history. The scientists have no idea what will happen (if anything at all). This is also the year that the Myan calender (the most accurate calender ever created, more accurate than our modern ones) abrubtly ends. It stops at Dec. 21, 2012. There are better informed people on this site that can give more accurate info than I.

Reactions: test

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Probably the scariest version of what happens on 12/21/2012 is the earth passes into an asteroid belt and half of the earth gets blasted by it. Everything destroyed and no survivors .
Im not saying I think its true so put down the flame thrower. :)

As for Celente, he backs up what he says with research so its not like hes just making a wild guess. Like it or not history repeats its self cause man is too damn arrogant to learn from it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well I got to say. I use to know this guy personally and he is a bit of a New Yorker who likes to tell tall tales . but he has said that if these huge corporations fail it would allow the small entraupeneur to come back, but it seems that the gov. does not want that!

·
Trump=WhiteObama=BlkBush
10,176 Posts
Read the book Fingerprints of the Gods. Interesting stuff.

If the Earth's crust shifts that way, we're all in big trouble. The odds would be that you won't be around to eat your stored food.

I find it all interesting but I don't sweat it. If it happens, it happens. But I doubt seriously. *pressing the button to store more emergency food*.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know all about the Mayan calendar and how it doesn't go past 2012.

It just seems everyone & his brother is using this particular year to feed the fear.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Probably the scariest version of what happens on 12/21/2012 is the earth passes into an asteroid belt and half of the earth gets blasted by it. Everything destroyed and no survivors .
Im not saying I think its true so put down the flame thrower. :)
Fortunately this isn't going to happen. Anyone who knows anything about the solar system knows we have only one asteroid belt, well beyond our own orbit, and it's not going anywhere.

Also, the "belt" would have made itself known by now. In order to arrive by 2012 it would have already started interacting with the outer planets me thinks.

Also, regardless of what you saw in The Empire Strikes Back, asteroid belts are incredibly sparsely populated. You could probably fly through ours and hardly notice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I believe 2012 is the year set for a "polar shift" as well. Where the world makes a full turn on its axis, or something of that nature. This has never happened before in recorded history. The scientists have no idea what will happen (if anything at all). This is also the year that the Myan calender (the most accurate calender ever created, more accurate than our modern ones) abrubtly ends. It stops at Dec. 21, 2012. There are better informed people on this site that can give more accurate info than I.
nope, at least not according to my physics professor. we just covered this in our astronomy class, what would happen with the "polar shift" is that the magnetic poles of the earth will switch every few billion years or so. in the process of the shift the earths magnetosphere which protects the planet from the gamma radiation that is produced by the sun will be negated. this negation would result in everything not immune to radiation or not in a bunker complex, dying. the poles would eventually realign and the earth would re-start. i know i oversimplified the theory but thats what he told us. what i do think is more plausible would be the polar ice caps melting causing global flooding. but i think that would take longer than 4 years to happen. what if it were more of a economic destruction which would lead to a more war like situation? who knows.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
nope, at least not according to my physics professor. we just covered this in our astronomy class, what would happen with the "polar shift" is that the magnetic poles of the earth will switch every few billion years or so. in the process of the shift the earths magnetosphere which protects the planet from the gamma radiation that is produced by the sun will be negated. this negation would result in everything not immune to radiation or not in a bunker complex, dying. the poles would eventually realign and the earth would re-start. i know i oversimplified the theory but thats what he told us. what i do think is more plausible would be the polar ice caps melting causing global flooding. but i think that would take longer than 4 years to happen. what if it were more of a economic destruction which would lead to a more war like situation? who knows.
It switches much more often than every billion years. More like thousands.

·
Gold memba-золот&#10
588 Posts
Fortunately this isn't going to happen. Anyone who knows anything about the solar system knows we have only one asteroid belt, well beyond our own orbit, and it's not going anywhere.

Also, the "belt" would have made itself known by now. In order to arrive by 2012 it would have already started interacting with the outer planets me thinks.

Also, regardless of what you saw in The Empire Strikes Back, asteroid belts are incredibly sparsely populated. You could probably fly through ours and hardly notice.
Actually it is not a "regular" asteroid belt from what I 've heard/understood but a galactic plane itself. The solar system crosses it every (24K years or something like that, don't remember exactly) now and then and that's when the problems arise. The solar system travels on a sinusoidal course (~) in relation to the galactic plane. Yes, those asteroids do not appear in one day. It takes a few years to pass through that region with the 2012 being the median year.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think 2012 is flippin joke... seriously. I heard a lot about, an old friend of mine is obsessed with 2012.

The world will get crappier and crappier without 2012.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
What will be, will be,

Don't get your pantyhose in a bunch, If ya want to believe in Doom and Gloom, go for it, I will accept what happens and with a little forethought and prep, we will survive. I am far from a rich man, but I put a little aside for a rainy day, a little in the bank,a little in food, and a few extra rounds of ammo. Just a little each month and it adds up over time. I still feel uneasy about the Military recall I just heard about but that's normal. Take it in stride and live life the best we can, that's all we can do. So be it.

Keep your senses sharp, your weapons clean, loaded and ready.

God Bless

1 - 20 of 25 Posts