Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen Monarch ammunition anywhere besides academy sports + outdoors?

From what I heard, Monarch is made by the same people that makes wolf, brown bear or golden bear. The rounds have a steel case and come in calibers from 223 - 30-30 or 30-06. I know it comes in 30-30 because I have a box of it. And I think I saw a box of 30-06 at academy, but not sure.

Anyway - the reason why I am asking is because monarch cost about the same as wolf. I have been shooting the stuff for about 2 - 3 years and have never had any problems. But I can not find it anywhere else besides Academy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've never heard of Monarch. I've heard that Wolf and Golden Bear shoot pretty dirty. Is that true? I shot off a case of Sellier&Bellot through my buddies sks and it was super clean! Only had to run the rod and patch through 2 or 3 times and it was shiny as a mirror. We decided to run some copper remover just in case and nada, no copper deposits. The bolt was the same way.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I have seen it at The Armory in Mesquite, TX. It has been about six months since I was there. The Monarch at Academy seems to be the best thing going $ wise n 7.62x39 and .223 at under five bucks per box (20).

They are magnetic. I have been told that they either have a steel jacket or that the core is steel. Anyone know for sure?

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Monarch is made in either Russia or Serbia. The steel case stuff is made in Russia and the brass is made by Prvi Parizan in Serbia. Either way, I've found both to be superior ammunition. I use the .308 of both stripes in my Saiga and get decent groups off of the cheap steel case stuff.

No, I've seen it nowhere but Academy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts