Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month at this same time, my wife and I went to academy sports and outdoors in Beaumont, Texas. To my surprise the store had Monarch 7.62X39 in stock - around 10 boxes of it. So I bought all ten boxes (20 rounds per box).

Today, my wife and her daughter are at Academy sports + outdoors in nederland, texas. I get a phone call, the store has about 20 boxes of 7.62X39. So I tell her to buy another 10 boxes.

Why was this a surprise? Because for the past year the store could not keep any monarch 7.62X39 in stock. People were buying it up by the buggy load. As soon as academy would get in a shipment, people were there to buy it up. Last year the clerks told me people were buying it by the case.

As for Monarch 7.62X39 - if it is called brown bear, wolf, jsc, etc. is made either by one or another russian companies. Jsc /Barnaul or Tula Cartridge Works, TCW. This means that Monarch might be Wolf or Brown Bear, just in a diferent box.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...ire_rifle&start=0&selectedSKU=0324-03600-7639

These stores have been out of 7.62X39 for over a year, and all of a sudden they have it. What does this mean? Is demand going down or is supply going up? Maybe the rush on 7.62X39 is over, maybe the shortage is finally over?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
monacrh 7.62X39 ak47 ammo

ammoman.com has 1,000 rounds Wolf MC HP and FMJ and Golden tiger for $199 shipped.
That is a good sign that the online stores are getting 7.62X39 back in stock.

Cheaper than dirt has wolf in stock, but I do not see any cases, just 20 round boxes.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=357

Maybe people are moving over to the new soviet round, leaving more 7.62X39 for the rest of us??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went to academy to see if they had Aks in stock. They didn't, but I felt bad about not buying anything so I bought a box of Monarch. They had 30+ of blue box, about a much in a bit more expensive Monarch box, and some other companies had 20 ound boxes there. I bought a box of 20 for $4.99. Cheap. All I need now is a gun for them :D.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
thats the good thing about eastern bloc equipment- the military doesnt hog up all the supply.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Last year there were lingering labor issues and a few strikes in Russia that effected supply.
The war didn't help nor the USA buying Iraq a boatload of AKs either.
Strikes over, Russia needs money and for the time being we still spend it.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i thought the SKS would happily eat anything you stick in it as well? A point more for russian reliability than any single thing 'Ol Michail designed?

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Could it be that we are in a tight economy right now?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts