Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the changing American political climate and the likely fallout on firearm ownership legislation from the newly elected administration and congress, I thought it would be nice for gun owners to have a very visible way for Americans who support our constitutional right to keep and bear arms to remain noticed and counted.

So I came up with this "Molon Labe" T-shirt design, and I'm thinking about having some printed up. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Me like!. . .

·
Registered
118 Posts
:thumb:don't forget about us big people if you make them. i would like a few in different colors. my wife would like one also. just let us know.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
Sweet! If the price is reasonable... heck yeah!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice design, other than when I look at it, the first thing I see are two AK's getting ready to make out... Maybe it's just me, but those two should get a room.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
You need a better "L".

Maybe two guns to make one?
It's a Greek L which looks like an upside down Y. It is ancient Greek meaning "come and get them." They are among the famous few words of Leonidas military king of the Spartans when Xexes ordered the Spartans to throw out their weapons at thermopiles.

·
glock snob
346 Posts
in lamon terms what the heck dose it mean i know it is some sort of gun rites stuff , i just never herd of the term what language is it ?

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
in lamon terms what the heck dose it mean i know it is some sort of gun rites stuff , i just never herd of the term what language is it ?
It is ancient Greek μολων λανε. mowLAWN LAHvay It means "come and get them." When the Spartan 300 were in the gates of themopiles facing 100,000 or more Persians Xerex ordered them to throw out their weapons. The Spartans were famous for saying very little. Leonidas their military king replied, "come get them."

It is a true story, by the way. As a Greek I have been there. ThermoPEElez means "hot gates" and was the site of some warm springs. It was a narrow pass then, about 27 feet wide, that Xexes' army had to go through. The Spartans fought in a row with the shield in the left hand protecting the Spartan to the left. While one row fought, the next row readied and a third rested. Behind them were the reserves and wounded. One row would replace another all day and into the night. The 300 fought for three days and killing tens of thousands of Persians. A shepherd traitor called Ephialties showed the Persian how to get some troops behind the Spartans, putting them in a canyon pincer movement. To this day, Greeks use his name-- Ephialties -- for the word nightmare.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks like someone beat you to it :rolleyes: : (unless you already got your design uploaded on there)

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/molon-labe-bgd-dark-tshirt/330503111

parenthetically, if you go to www.cafepress.com, and search under "molon labe" , there are some great gift ideas there!! (no personal affiliation).

cool beans! :)
Yes, same design, but those are printed direct-to-garment, which is nice, but not professionally hand-silkscreened onto 100% heavyweight Gildan Ultra Cotton like the limited-run shirts I have decided to produce.

And the limited-run T-shirts are actually cheaper. :thumb:

However, if you like the design and are looking for another color or style or something, you can get one by following the link you posted.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THANKS FOR HELPING TO MAKE THE LIMITED EDITION SHIRT RUN A SUCCESS!

DID YOU MISS THE LIMITED RUN? STILL WANT A SHIRT?

The production version of these unique shirts, printed direct-to-garment (DTG) in a range of colors and styles for men and women, is now available! Prices start at just $16 for T-shirts and $30 for sweatshirts.

Check them out here: http://www.cafepress.com/molonlabebgd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts