Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a US Military surplus Army MOLLE II Assault Pack (Backpack). With it came a ton of extras, like the MOLLE II Waist Pack, and the MOLLE II Hydration System Carrier. It also came with the MOLLE II Combat Load Carrying Vest.

When it comes to the backpack in particular, there are so many straps, attachment points & clasps. Some are obvious in how they are designed to be used, others are more ambiguous. Obviously the idea of modularity is that it can be adaptable, but I find myself constantly trying different configurations, and not being sure which seems better (like when attaching the waist pack, the entrenching tool holdet, the canteen pouch, the mag pouches, or the hydration system carrier to the backpack, and also securing everything with the extra clasps).

I'm wondering if this is all just personal preference/load dependent, or there is a standard way in which this is designed to be set up? Considering it's the Army, I would imagine there is a protocol/correct way to do it, but I'm having trouble finding any answers.

Can anyone offer any advice or guidance?

Also, does anyone know if there is an Army Manual for this gear? And if so, where I might find it/them?

Thanks so much!

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
10,772 Posts
Unless Im standing inspection, my pack, vest and all other gear is laid out the way I like them…Untraining 30+ years of muscle memory to satisfy some admin desk jock’s idea of how ‘The Vest’ should look(prob got it off the internet)isnt good….I can finger touch 2 different-type mags,flashlight, radio mic, ASP in the dark w/o thinking about it..a few years ago a dweeb wanted me to rearrange it to ‘Agency Standards’….Nope..I actually changed agencies over that and one or two other policies he found on The Web…
Lay it out the way YOU want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts