Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
camps in trees
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best and cheapest place to get a molle large pack in the old desert camo? I already have straps and a frame I just need the pack itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been in the market for a Molle 2 pack and have been keeping an eye on the Ebay prices recently for Molle 2 pack equipment. A large Molle 2 ruck seems to be going for about $25-$35 (shipping included) nowadays depending on the condition of the pack. I have seen the large Molle 2 ruck in DCU and ACU digital camo selling at those prices.

Compared to the prices I can get things on Ebay, my local military surplus stores are too expensive. I can usually save about 50% minimum buying stuff off Ebay compared to buying it from my local surplus stores. Just make sure you read the Ebay item descriptions and buy from sellers with high sell counts and ratings and you should be alright. Also I would stick to just buying from sellers located in the USA.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Are you looking at the molle pack with the external sleep system? If so, I suggest you get something else. The packs with the external sleep system do not like to stand up on their own, and their lacking extra webbing.

Personally, I would get either a large alice pack, or a large molle with internal sleep system.

·
camps in trees
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the ebay but I've been on it, was just wondering if there was some secret place you had hidden that had them cheaper.

Really I'm open to suggestions. I was looking at the ex sleep system but wasn't planning on using it with a sleep system. When I do use it to camp with I have a hammock I like so all the sleep system is not needed. I have a med ALICE pack and don't like the frame on it, have tried to adapt it to the poly frame but don't like it (reason why I have the frame and straps). Was hoping the actual MOLLE system would sit better and fit better than the cobbled ALICE pack with MOLLE frame I have.

Really I guess I just want a large sized pack with MOLLE or PAL attachments on it so I can add to take away extra pockets as needed. Just not looking to spend much on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i love the molle packs, except for the gen 1 model...they are the perfect size, low profile, any camo that fits your environment, the waist belt doubles as a lower back support and the modularity is the best part.. i use it in conjunction with the rest of the system all the time...the load bearing vest is a perfect base layer for all sorts of scenarios... i am into carrying a video camera everywhere, so i keep it in a saw pouch with a lanyard attached to it, keep extra lenses and a cleaning kit, gps, and other tools that i previously would have to take my pack off to access them, is easily accessible on the vest...if i am hunting or video hunting, i just hit the quick release tabs on the shoulder suspension dropping the pack immediately, and BAM! i am in business to move quickly and quietly in stalk mode! my hydration bladder fits perfectly in the radio pouch with the tube running thru the antenna hole...you can remove the sustainment pouches and place smaller pouches onto the webbing, or just leave them off completely...the patrol pack, and the waist pack attach to the system or each other, or can be used as stand alone's...the pouch configurations are endless, your only limited by your imagination...the big advantage to the latest generation is the upgraded waist belt and shoulder suspension, a better formed frame, making it a bit more comfortable than previous generations, and it has a few more webbing strips to increase the modularity of the system...if your going light, throw in some compression straps and compact the un-needed space to nothing... i am constantly configuring the system to adapt it to whatever i am doing, plus i use molle gear in my profession, so the transition of tactical gear adapted to fun gear is absolutely seamless...did i mention that i love the molle system??? ebay is by far the best place to get this stuff, ya just gotta shop around a bit for the best prices... i have purchased components in lots, and have built them for my buddies, and to sell...i only built one desert camo unit, those for some reason were a little tougher to find parts for at the time, but it looked badass...if you want to compare the molle system to an alice system, well, there is a reason that the military upgrades their equipment, and other gear goes obsolete...one basic difference, i am six foot two, the molle pack adjusts to my longer torso frame better than the alice frame, it fits closer to your body reducing fatigue cuz your not fighting to lean forward so much, and if the poly frame breaks on the molle pack it will be in a small confined location, it will still function, where the aluminum frame of the alice is pretty much done when it breaks...yea, did i mention that i really love the molle system??? HA!! there's my two cents!!:D:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts