Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,670 Posts
I will help out as needed.

My credentials:

Current Administrator for a few VW websites: Olydubs (now on Tapatalk) and BugsWest (links on request) as well as some smaller VW club websites.

I am very familiar with activating accounts, adjusting permissions, and general board maintenance. I understand and can use/manipulate HTML and to a lesser extent, JAVA.

I am fairly conservative with my speech and generally non-confrontational. I think my history trail here will support that.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I did earn my self a pair of infractions that are also in my history trail.

Thanks
CF

·
Curmudgeon
1,688 Posts
Well, I'm not the most computer savvy individual on this board, but I'm not stupid. I would think I would be most helpful in the Firearms/Knives/ Military sections, but I am well versed in Orienteering, Wilderness Survival and Urban Survival.

One thing I don't do well with, is people who give out wrong information or try to boost their credibility by inflating their accomplishments or outright lies.

If you need assistance I'll help out. If you can put up with me. If it isn't working out, don't worry, I'll pull the plug.

Jim

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have been a moderator on several forums in the past but i also have been given time outs on this forum... a couple times deservedly so and a couple times because of the vindictiveness of others. I have been a moderator on the Social Security Disability Facts Forum which is still an an active forum and also the now defunct Carvin Audio Forum. I am not worried whether I am picked or not to serve but just know living in Hungary I can cover hours that most of the US moderators are sleeping.

Withdraw me from consideration, I just got a new major remodeling project at my house and will not have adequate time.

·
Super Moderator
23,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,469 Posts
I've never known a mod that got paid and I've moderated a bit myself , it's a thankless job , but one that is necessary. I'm willing to help out if you'd like Kev

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,626 Posts
Oh hell no, you couldn't pay me to be 1. I feel sorry for those that do do it.

·
Super Moderator
14,149 Posts
This is a thread for people to apply for being a mod. Not a place to say why someone shouldnt be one or to bag on the mods.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
We are accepting applications for moderators. If someone wishes to apply post a reply to this thread.

Please include why you think you would make a good moderator.

Until this thread (and seeing my name mentioned here), I never dreamed I could possibly have the opportunity to be an asset to this forum.

Because of extensive experience and passion in these subjects, I feel like I would be a strong asset to three subforums: Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum (and its own subforum: Edible and Non-Edible Plants) and also the Farming, Gardening & Homesteading forum. (For a little more on my background, see the biography in the “about me” section of my profile on this board.)

I have also had experience in forum moderating and enjoyed contributing to their success while I was there. That was a long time ago, but the principles of growing a good community remain the same.

If I was honored with the position of moderating those three forums, it could be an excellent opportunity for me to put to work a few ideas that I have been chewing on to help increase interest and participation in those areas.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts