Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. I figured I'd show off some of my 60s through the 80s, 90s,
and 00s. From left to right: 1985 Model 60 (17rnd), 1993 Model 60 (15rnd), 2007 Model 60 SB (14rnd).

Though it has become more a carbine than a rifle in todays market, it is still the same basic firearm. I have neglected my Model 60s for quite some time now, messing with HD shotguns, and rifles, but I always come back to the Model 60....the most accurate open sight rifle I have ever fired. I grew up with the Model 60, so me and it kinda go hand in hand. First on my grandad's '93 Model, then I found my dad's '85 Model, and then I purchased my own last November. To me the rifle needs no modifications to make it better....it is an excellent rifle out of the box. When I received my new 60SB last year, out of the box it was a tack driver, and still is....no adjustments made to the sights or anything. It can be deemed "the poor man's rifle", well, thats fine by me....send me another crate of 'em . Anyways, I just felt like getting another thread up about these great little rifles....all 11 million of 'em.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
My first rifle was a Model 60. Great guns, especially for the money. You have yourself a nice collection there.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Beautiful,

Allow me to show my lack of education, Who makes them and what cal. are they? They are beautiful rifles.(Marlin .22's) ? :confused:

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
YUP,

I thought it look familiar, I have a 783 tube feed (18) in .22mag. Nice rifles. :D:

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have a stainless exactly like yours, only much older. I can't remember the last time it jammed. Nice collection

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I have 2 questions ,What is a "carbine"? And secondly ,my older mod 60 (made in the 70's)that looks like the 1 on the far left of the photo,won't feed properly.When I let the slide forward ,the bullet jams up in the chamber groove,the nose of the bullet hangs up and the rear of the cartridge cocks up. I have cleaned the rifle but it still won't feed ammo.Any suggestions as to why it may be doing this? I would like to get it up and running ,but it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than to have a gunsmith work on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts