Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A lot of people don't plan for this type of thing. If you have a vehicle for a bug-out-vehicle, you should equip it for long term living.

Solar power if used correctly will be your best friend. Chard batteries, run refigerators, operate C.B. Radios and a host of other things. If you have the know how, you can run a deep well off the batteries and then recharge the batteries so you can get more water later on. I am going to put in a microwave to heat meals so I dont have to use my propane stove except on a rare occasion. If you can use the sun to geat your meals, then you will be far ahead of everyone else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My refigerator

Some of you all's have been knocking the fridge I have installed. For the record, it's a Norcold and the power draw is 3 amps at 12 volts. A mere 36 watts.

The only trouble I ran into was in November during the short days and it was a during long period of overcast as well.

Beyond that, I have had no trouble and kept my food in the safe refrigeration zone as indicated on my thermometer.

I have run that system for over a year and had no problems. When I get the system bumped up to 220 watts, I should have no problems.

So, Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah :D:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.