Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
YouTube- mobile solar power.avi

A lot of people don't plan for this type of thing. If you have a vehicle for a bug-out-vehicle, you should equip it for long term living.

Solar power if used correctly will be your best friend. Chard batteries, run refigerators, operate C.B. Radios and a host of other things. If you have the know how, you can run a deep well off the batteries and then recharge the batteries so you can get more water later on. I am going to put in a microwave to heat meals so I dont have to use my propane stove except on a rare occasion. If you can use the sun to geat your meals, then you will be far ahead of everyone else.
honestly the refig would suck more juice than it would be worth unless you have alot of pannels id use for radio and other things if i am living on solar ima be using my root cellar

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
thats good to know actually i am looking at getting a solar setup but am thinking bout getting 10 205watt pannels but before i do that i need to replace the chicken coop with a barn so its on the back burner

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
itl prol be a few years before i get that setup tho you can get 205 wat pannels for around 550 a pop so ima prol get two and a ham radio that was what i origionaly planned but i also want to limit how bad the dark lord can effect my power bill with his cap and trade and carbon tax ideas the barn is my biggest priority at the moment as i can live without power cant without food

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Some of you all's have been knocking the fridge I have installed. For the record, it's a Norcold and the power draw is 3 amps at 12 volts. A mere 36 watts.

The only trouble I ran into was in November during the short days and it was a during long period of overcast as well.

Beyond that, I have had no trouble and kept my food in the safe refrigeration zone as indicated on my thermometer.

I have run that system for over a year and had no problems. When I get the system bumped up to 220 watts, I should have no problems.

So, Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah :D:
nice i would have imagined it would use more wattage than that how many cubic inches/feet is your fridge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.