Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7-8 miles from the BOL. Always great fishing because it's so isolated. California still has all I need!:D:

Pic 1-last pool to fish before the ascent...

Pic 2-gotta get up there!

Pic 3-by climbing this!

Pic 4-worth the effort!

Pic 5-dinner for 5! :thumb:

Could have bagged a lot more, but that's all we needed for dinner!

:D:

Attachments

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful country in California the only thing that would make it better is conservative leadership running the state.
California is always the "place to get away from" in so many folks minds. Not mine. I have found a piece of heaven on earth and I am dug in! WAY off the beaten path from all the idiots, 20 miles from the nearest store...14 miles from the nearest paved road!

I certainly am a sippin' what you are a pourin' though!

Nevertheless, in these remote areas we enjoy the freedoms of the old west without intrusion. Although there aren't many pieces of private property (all Nat. forest around us), those who are out here are good folk.

:thumb:

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,599 Posts
About 7-8 miles from the BOL. Always great fishing because it's so isolated. California still has all I need!:D:

Pic 1-last pool to fish before the ascent...

Pic 2-gotta get up there!

Pic 3-by climbing this!

Pic 4-worth the effort!

Pic 5-dinner for 5! :thumb:

Could have bagged a lot more, but that's all we needed for dinner!

As beautiful as the Rocky Mountains are, I don't think there's a range in the USA that beats the California High Sierras. I've fished in that very general area from the time I was about 5 until I was around 18 (and a few times as an adult). I sure wish I had been there enjoying your company and the great fishing.

Many years ago, California had a 12-per-day limit. Either they changed that rule or you did.:D:

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

As beautiful as the Rocky Mountains are, I don't think there's a range in the USA that beats the California High Sierras. I've fished in that very general area from the time I was about 5 until I was around 18 (and a few times as an adult). I sure wish I had been there enjoying your company and the great fishing.
Many years ago, California had a 12-per-day limit. Either they changed that rule or you did.:D:
Wish you could have been there as well! We had the fish dinner on Sabbath!

I suppose you are going to tell me I need a license too?

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Awesome effort mate, those are some tasty looking fish.
If you check the recipe section, I've posted some good recipes for trout in there.

Reactions: temu

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Great pics.
There is nothing like catching and eating fish from mountain rivers and streams. They fight better, and taste better than those cookie cutter planters from the hatcheries.

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
There is nothing like catching and eating fish from mountain rivers and streams. They fight better, and taste better than those cookie cutter planters from the hatcheries.
I've heard that fish from the colder waters taste better than ones from warmer ones. Don't know if that's true because I've made some excellent catfish and mahi mahi.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome pics. I am very envious. I live in Modesto and venture into the Sierras to camp and fish frequently. Would you mind narrowing down your general location a little?

·
Full loose Bozo
1,242 Posts
Our mountain lakes are still frozen over so, the fishing report says. I cant wait to go myself and hook into that three lb brown that I lost a few years back. Great looking catch there Temu. I bet they tasted just as good as they looked.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
The one thing I hate more than guys who lie about their fishing adventures......

Is guys who tell the truth about their fishing adventures...then rub it in with pics....lol

Nice spot and nice feed of fish......

signed.......

a jealous fisherman :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've heard that fish from the colder waters taste better than ones from warmer ones. Don't know if that's true because I've made some excellent catfish and mahi mahi.
Depends on the species, where it is intended to live.

Rainbow trout, northern pike, and walleye, definately taste better from cold water. They get a muddy taste in warmer water.

Species meant for warm ocean water are fine from there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts