Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Geezer In Training
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I must confess...
These are actually some that over-wintered in the garden, and the recent warm weather perked them up, so I picked them... But, they sure did taste good!:upsidedown:

Karl

·
Super Duper Moderator. I'm helping!
9,780 Posts
I'm so regretting not planting any in the fall. Oh well planting some onion bulbs this weekend.
Brrrrrr ... I was gonna go shooting but now I think I will stay in and do my inventory so I can get ready to go to Sam's on the first. Plus I have a bunch of reloading to do. (I know, not exactly garden related, but gonna be a lot warmer inside than out, I guess ... :D:)

·
Geezer In Training
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look just like the multiplier onions I grow.
Pulled some today to go in the chicken and dressing I had for dinner.:D:
Yeah, I have some Egyptian Walking onions, too... I pull those in the wintertime if I really need green onions in a recipe... They are a little stronger than regular green onions, so it doesnt take as many...

Karl

·
Registered
357 Posts
I made this picture Sunday (3-17). I planted about 150 lbs of Crystal Wax bulbs last fall. I planted them too thick. I fertilized them with N about two weeks ago, and I am hoping for a few warm days to size them up a little more before I start bunching them. Back in the 60s and 70s we used to sell two or three pickup loads of these every week for a couple of months in the Spring.

While I am showing pictures, here is a camellia bush (tree?) my wife's grandmother planted 70 or more years ago. It really puts on a show this time of year. The house in the background was built around 1890 and has been in my wife's family over 100 years. The picture was made at the same time as the picture of the onions. We are about 90-100 miles South of Atlanta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.