Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Too young 2 feel this old
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a few searches and it doesn't look like these have been addressed here before. If you've never seen/heard of it before look here. MIO Value Bonus 3 Pack (1 Fruit Punch - 1 Berry Pomegranate - 1 Strawberry Watermelon): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

They're a 1.68oz concentrated bottle of water flavoring; think crystal light in a liquid form. The MIO Energy also contains caffeine and guarana.

Anyway the bottles are 1.68oz and have a non-spilling squirt top like the new ketchup bottles. After I emptied one today I went to throw it away and thought for a minute. Ended up popping the top of and filling with water so I could see how resilient they were; I think the only way they would leak is if you packed them in the bottom of your pack and then dropped it.

I drink them a lot and think I have found my new alcohol stove bottle for sure. I tried brain storming for some other ideas and here’s a few I came up with: hot sauce, hand sanitizer, liquid sweetener, oil... etc.

What do you guys think?

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the alcohol fuel, as it's usually 1 ounce of liquid or so to cook with. At least when I'm cooking I use around 1/2 to 1 oz. So it would simply be a one time use only, perhapse great if just for a dayhike or something. So comes down to how much fuel you plan on need.

Wouldn't bother with the handsanitizer as you can get them in .5 - 1 oz bottles easily enough. However, with hot sauce, or oil, and other liquids like that. They could be great. I might have to pick a few up to experiment myself with.

Best thing you can do is try them out, and experiment. See what works for you, and your needs.

·
Indefatigable
22,788 Posts
Regular MIO excellent - not only in water but to flavor yogurt and mixed drinks. The energy kind? :taped:

Reactions: EODblake

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
I ran a few searches and it doesn't look like these have been addressed here before. If you've never seen/heard of it before look here. MIO Value Bonus 3 Pack (1 Fruit Punch - 1 Berry Pomegranate - 1 Strawberry Watermelon): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

They're a 1.68oz concentrated bottle of water flavoring; think crystal light in a liquid form. The MIO Energy also contains caffeine and guarana.

Anyway the bottles are 1.68oz and have a non-spilling squirt top like the new ketchup bottles. After I emptied one today I went to throw it away and thought for a minute. Ended up popping the top of and filling with water so I could see how resilient they were; I think the only way they would leak is if you packed them in the bottom of your pack and then dropped it.

I drink them a lot and think I have found my new alcohol stove bottle for sure. I tried brain storming for some other ideas and here’s a few I came up with: hot sauce, hand sanitizer, liquid sweetener, oil... etc.

What do you guys think?
I've talked about them before.
One little bottle gives liters of water a lot of flavor.
I love them. Where I used to work, we got free bottled
waters so I'd drink to my heart's content. I've wondered
what else the container could be used for myself.

1. Milk (I can't have coffee w/o milk)
  2. Lemon Juice
  3. Vinegar
  4. Peroxide
  5. Bleach

·
Indefatigable
22,788 Posts
Empty bottles? Condiments for lunches or backpacking - mayo, ketchup, salad dressing, mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce..

Reactions: EODblake

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't bother with the alcohol fuel, as it's usually 1 ounce of liquid or so to cook with. At least when I'm cooking I use around 1/2 to 1 oz. So it would simply be a one time use only, perhapse great if just for a dayhike or something. So comes down to how much fuel you plan on need. QUOTE]

I'm a single dad of a three year old so we do a lot of truck camping with day hikes. Started going camping/hiking on our own when he was 2; now he can go 4mi off road without a major rest stop. When we were camping last week he said he needed his own backpack so he could carry his own water, snacks and band aids. He'll be 4 next month, but I still think he's way advanced and I'm one proud dad.

Sorry for the tangent, but a one ounce bottle was exactly what I was looking for rather than my whole bottle of heet.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the alcohol fuel, as it's usually 1 ounce of liquid or so to cook with. At least when I'm cooking I use around 1/2 to 1 oz. So it would simply be a one time use only, perhapse great if just for a dayhike or something. So comes down to how much fuel you plan on need. QUOTE]

I'm a single dad of a three year old so we do a lot of truck camping with day hikes. Started going camping/hiking on our own when he was 2; now he can go 4mi off road without a major rest stop. When we were camping last week he said he needed his own backpack so he could carry his own water, snacks and band aids. He'll be 4 next month, but I still think he's way advanced and I'm one proud dad.

Sorry for the tangent, but a one ounce bottle was exactly what I was looking for rather than my whole bottle of heet.
Exactly, if 1 ounce of liquid is all you are needing then by all means go for it. I was mainly refering for longer backpacking style trips. As I said for a dayhike or a single night it would likely be fine.

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Empty bottles? Condiments for lunches or backpacking - mayo, ketchup, salad dressing, mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce..
I'm curious, how do you know what poop tastes like :eek::
Too many years of being dumped on by staff officers with no field experience.

·
Banned
423 Posts
I've talked about them before.
One little bottle gives liters of water a lot of flavor.
I love them. Where I used to work, we got free bottled
waters so I'd drink to my heart's content. I've wondered
what else the container could be used for myself.

1. Milk (I can't have coffee w/o milk)
  2. Lemon Juice
  3. Vinegar
  4. Peroxide
  5. Bleach

Love these uses for the little bottle, nice backup water treatment and disinfectant for scrapes and cuts. Probably need to mark the bottle so you don't mistakenly use.

·
Registered
86 Posts
- yea you can use the MIO bottles for olive oil - cooking
- i use them for the "extras". for a while i was cleaning out the local SUBWAY with thier mylar packets of olive oil for salads...but goin modular and using bottles is less messy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.