Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
mini 14 mags

i just bought a ss syn. stock mini 14 it came with a 5 rd mag , i bought 2-20 rd promag clips at the time of purchase.ruger offered a free 20 round clip with proof of purchase so i bought 1 more from ruger for $29.95 . they were allowing up to a total of 3 mags. payday i went and bought a steel 30 and a plastic 30 both are promags . the steel promag clips are almost copys of rugers factory clips . the fit and finish are very good almost as good as the ruger for about half the money. I'am tring to load up on ammo , so far i really like the gun. seems to shot good at least for my liking. hope this helps:thumb:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Rejoice huh? Ruger pissed on its customer base for all these years and now that they pinched off the stream we are supposed to be thrilled about it? No thanks.
I have a Mini that I bought years ago and its going down the road next week. I'm sick and tired of picky and/or high priced mags and lack luster performance from the gun.
The AR {and a ton of others} is a hands down better investment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rejoice huh? Ruger pissed on its customer base for all these years and now that they pinched off the stream we are supposed to be thrilled about it? No thanks.
I have a Mini that I bought years ago and its going down the road next week. I'm sick and tired of picky and/or high priced mags and lack luster performance from the gun.
The AR {and a ton of others} is a hands down better investment.
+1. I sold my Mini-14 last year. Got fed up with Ruger's anti-gun policy regarding magazines, etc.

I never understood why Ruger thinks the Mini-14 is worth almost 600 bucks anyway? It is inaccurate, uncomfortable to shoot, etc. I will put my 200 dollar Yugo SKS up against it anyday, and no I am not joking. Heck, for a little bit more than the price of a Mini-14, you can get a low cost build your own AR-15 that will far outperform the Mini.

Prisons and states are phasing out their use in many areas.

Mini-14 = Overrated and highly overpriced

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
at the moment- AKs are more expensive but still about as reliable as you can get for the price..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts