Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that how goat milk yogurt is when you make it? The store bought goat milk yogurt is fair, but not great. And it cost 2 to 3 times the price of cow milk yogurt. But goat milk yogurt has additives for stability and firmness. When made at home goat milk yogurt is more like drinkable kefir.

I like the goat milk other than $$. It is easier to digest than cow's milk. Taste a little odd, but you get used to it.

What other milk have you tried?

Do they have sheep milk? Pig milk? (Would the pigs even allow milking?) What else?

·
I have control issues
6,036 Posts
Goat milk tends to run lower in butterfat than cow milk, so the consistency isn't as firm. Plus, the commercial manufacturers add things like carrageenan (to cow milk yogurt as well as goat milk yogurt. I experimented with making yogurt from my goat's milk, but I'll stick with making cheese, instead. much better yields, and more useable for me.

·
Indefatigable
20,311 Posts
Well I lost a bet one time and had to drink horse milk. Thinner, but the best I can describe the taste is a can of eagle brand that went bad. I suppose if I was dying of dehydration it would be acceptable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts