Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
wow, even Fox sounds anti gun these days. Even an SKS is considered an assault rifle these days?

The more the military lowers its standards, the more they can expect this. SHTF day is gonna be a 'target rich environment'

·
V
21,713 Posts
Scary tbh!! BUT as Dwind said, " The more the military lowers its standards, the more they can expect this" I don’t know about the target rich environment, my advice would be ignore the 28day scenario and give it 56days with your head down let the scum kill each other off.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
I live in Colorado. I would like to get together with someone that has military shooting experience and knows how to quickly teach these skills.
I hate the thought of being unable to defend myself against someone with tons of training, and I need a better understanding of shooting to save my life.
Any response is welcome. I'm not interested in becoming a victim to somebody I was taxed to train.

·
I travel light
2,022 Posts
I agree with smudge. Low profile and concealing is always a sure way to survive. See the camouflage in the skin and the skill to conceal in some wild animals and insects.

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
Being in the Army not long ago, (released Feb. 07) I can say that this is a ongoing event across the Army. BUT it is very very small and the media makes it sound like an uncontrollable plague. Drug lords try to recruit Infantry and Rangers for personal protection.

There will always be scum to deal with in this world, there is just more of it than ever. Don't let the media over play this, its tiny.

Complex
Special Ops. Soldier (retired)

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
you can take the rat out of the hood, but not the hood out of the rat.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
thats a great question! i think its cuz the war on terror is B.S.!

imagine being one of those cops? outgunned, up against somebody with more knowledge and expirience thats scary!
Gangs are insurgent groups in my eyes. They have a different agenda from your average terrorist, but they still use intimidation, violence and murder against civillians to reach their ojectives, thus putting them in the same category as the rest of them. They are a far bigger threat to american society than any of their arab counterparts and as far as I have read they are growing with record speed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We are so worried about the civil rights of illegal alien gang bangers that we just let them operate. The cops can't have firepower to match those of the criminal because it offends the sensitivities of some liberal whacko that thinks if we just talk nice to people everything will be alright. It is insanity. There were more people murdered in gang activity over the period of the Iraq war than soldiers killed in action but no one seems to think that is an issue.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me, gangs and the military have a lot in common. Unfortunately gangs are the only introduction to masculinity and order some kids have. The only significant difference between a gang member and a soldier is the direction they were pointed in as a kid.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Gangs are insurgent groups in my eyes. They have a different agenda from your average terrorist, but they still use intimidation, violence and murder against civillians to reach their ojectives, thus putting them in the same category as the rest of them. They are a far bigger threat to american society than any of their arab counterparts and as far as I have read they are growing with record speed.
Our own fear and gooberment and criminal justice system would have nothing to do and the bs media would have nothing to report.

But also REMEMBER LAFITTE!:cool:

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
military tactical trainin, combat discipline -- crossed with the ruthlessness of of a gang member.

that would-or-will make for a formidable opponent.

in a serious shtf, massive societal or economic collapse,, would buggin in in the city or a close urban be either smart or doable with these things organized and on the prowl?

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
WAKE UP STRAIGHT RAZOR>>>>>>>>>
You are dreaming you are Final Fantasy!
I have no idea what you think you read or what you said. It has been my observation that cops and crooks are the same personality type, they were pointed in different directions as kids, ditto gang members and members of the military. And what in the heck is a Final Fantasy?"

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Your observations then are half assed assumptions.
Gang members generally speaking are sociopaths.
Pure and simple, they are psychotic *******s who are eager to kill, being as 99% of the other people who grow up in the same situations as most gang members did are not sociopathic killers bent on hurting people and imposing their will through violence I'd say it's a fair estimate your statements are largely false.
I don't know what your military experience was like but I met many fine people in the military, only a few people I was put into contact with seemed even slightly off balance but you get that in any large group.
I made my comment based on the fact that yours was plainly false such as many a certain other member here makes a practice of doing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wouldn't say most of them are sociopaths. Some yes, most no.
The real violent gangs create and attract more violent individuals, thats a given, but many that join up do so out of fear and/or necessity, not because they are born killers.

I'd be willing to bet that out of your 99% in the same situation there were many who ran with a gang for protection and security from the streets, or at least stayed in there good books as good friends their members.

Don't get me wrong. Bangers are still criminals and there are many sociopaths out there.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts