Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
The marine corp has been doing this since the late 80’s that I am aware of. Basically they have MP’s on hand so that when an active duty personal are stopped and found to be intoxicated they can make the arrest and take them back to base to be charged. They do it at several places that I know of around Barstow and Victorville areas. I am not saying it is good or bad just that it is nothing new.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I worked in a DUI program in California. The members of the DUI program that were on active duty did not what their commanding officers to know that they had been caught and sentenced to a DUI program.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Military at check points in Amerika for DUI'? Yeah right. I have a bridge to sell you. Really cheap!

Listen this is making big waves. On KEDZ News Talk, this did not go over well. KEDZ is right in the heart of the 29 Palms military community, and 80% of the callers were upset with the Military being on the streets of America.

Here are two transcripts from KEDZ news reports about this. You can go to their website and here the actual audio.

http://www.kcdzfm.com/localnews.html

CHP CHECKPOINT INVOLVED MILITARY, NO LOCATION EVER GIVEN
THE LOCAL CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL STATION HELD A HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE DUI / LICENSE CHECKPOINT FRIDAY NIGHT. WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE CHECKPOINT THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE DOING IT ALONG WITH MILITARY POLICE. Z107-7 RAN AN EDITORIAL REMINDING THE CHP ABOUT FEDERAL LAWS PROHIBITING THE MILITARY FROM ENFORCING CIVILIAN LAWS. AT ABOUT 11:30 FRIDAY MORNING WE RECEIVED A FAX FROM THE LOCAL CHP OFFICE ANNOUNCING THE ACTION WOULD NOT INCLUDE MILITARY POLICE. ALSO, BY LAW, TO AVOID "ENTRAPMENT", THE CHP IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE LOCATION OF THE CHECKPOINT TO THE MEDIA AT LEAST TWO HOURS PRIOR. THEY DID PROVIDE Z107.7 WITH A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL AT 7:00PM TO GET THE LOCATION...BUT, DEFENSE LAWYERS TAKE NOTE, NO ON EVER ANSWERED THE PHONE. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, WHEN THE CHP HELD THE CHECKPOINT IN FRONT OF HOME DEPOT IN YUCCA VALLEY THEY DID INDEED INCLUDE MARKED MILITARY POLICE CARS AS WELL AS UNIFORMED MILITARY POLICE.

http://www.kcdzfm.com/news/121208.html

MILITARY POLICE DON’T BELONG IN CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT
THIS IS AN EDITORIAL OPINION FROM Z107.7 NEWS. THE FOUNDERS OF OUR DEMOCRACY PUT VERY SPECIFIC LAWS IN PLACE TO ASSURE THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES HAD SPECIFIC RIGHTS AND PROTECTIONS. ONE OF THOSE IS A LAW CALLED, "POSSE COMITATUS", WHICH EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS THE USE OF THE MILITARY TO ENFORCE CIVILIAN LAW UNLESS MARTIAL LAW IS DECLARED. IN THE OPINION OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYERS THE LOCAL CHP OFFICE WILL BE BREAKING THAT LAW WHEN THEY AND MARINE BASE MILITARY POLICE CONDUCT A SOBRIETY CHECK POINT SOMEWHERE IN THE MORONGO BASIN SATURDAY NIGHT. WE OBJECTED, AND WERE TOLD BY THE CHP AND BASE OFFICIALS THAT MILITARY POLICE WILL ONLY BE OBSERVERS, TO HELP WITH TRAFFIC CONTROL AND PROVIDE ASSISTANCE. THEY SAY MILITARY POLICE AT THE CHECK POINT WILL KEEP TRACK OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY IN CIVILIAN CUSTODY AND VIOLATIONS OF THE UCMJ. WE THINK THE USE OF MILITARY POLICE IN A CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTION VIOLATES OUR BASIC RIGHTS, CIVILIANS HAVE A RIGHT TO BE PROTECTED FROM EVEN THE THREAT OF MILITARY FORCE. ONE LEGAL PROFESSIONAL, WHO SPECIALIZES IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW SAID "THE PRESENCE OF MARKED MILITARY POLICE UNITS WOULD GIVE ANY CIVILIAN THE REASONABLE EXPECTATION THAT THE USE OF MILITARY FORCE IS EMINENT" THUS VIOLATING THE POSSE COMITATUS STATUTES. NOT ONLY ARE THEY IMPROPERLY INVOLVING MILITARY POLICE, BUT THE CHP IS REFUSING TO REVEAL THE TIME AND PLACE IF THE CHECKPOINT UNTIL 7:00 SATURDAY NIGHT, TOO LATE FOR IT TO BE PUBLICIZED, BARELY SKIRTING LEGAL PROTECTIONS AGAINST ENTRAPMENT.

People always ask how the German people allowed Hitler to bring in the military police state. Like we would not allow that sort of thing.

Hello people??

Just read the news, NORTHCOM is not bring 20,000 troops to the streets of AmeriKa with out a reason. Sure they will sell it as to help with accidents and DUI check points. That is how you put this stuff in place.

They will say "what you are against are military helping people injured in a car crash?" "Oh so you are in favor of drunk driving?"

NO I am against the illegal deployment of our military in civilian matters. This is why General Stubbelbine says he will not return to amerika. We are about to see the military used against the civilian population. (in the next 5 years)

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!:(

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
This is not making anything into a police state. The MPs are there acting as liasons to make thing simplier in relation to active duty military. They are not taking over the streets they are simply working with other LEOs to provide a service to the community keeping it safe. It is the same as a task force in any area doing any LEO activities.
For example if a crime occurs in one county and then the accused go into another and commit another crime, and on to another and do the same the LEOs in all of those areas are involved. In this scenario it is much easier for the LEOs in the area that the crime is committed to use their local resources to help the entire team. People are more likely to co-operate with people that they know then with a complete stranger asking for the same help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey by the way if you have video of this check point with clear video of the military, one reward for the first footage is being offered $1000,00 and $500.00 for the next 3 videos. KEDZ had two news people go out to the check point and they saw the military. However they are in radio, so they did not get video. I believe there is also a reward for any footage of this obtained from around the U.S.

Good way to pick up some extra cash $$ Keep your Video recorder with you just incase you run into one of these check points. Remember this is for video that clearly shows the presence of Military.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is not making anything into a police state. The MPs are there acting as liasons to make thing simplier in relation to active duty military. They are not taking over the streets they are simply working with other LEOs to provide a service to the community keeping it safe. It is the same as a task force in any area doing any LEO activities.
For example if a crime occurs in one county and then the accused go into another and commit another crime, and on to another and do the same the LEOs in all of those areas are involved. In this scenario it is much easier for the LEOs in the area that the crime is committed to use their local resources to help the entire team. People are more likely to co-operate with people that they know then with a complete stranger asking for the same help.
Really? So that is why the JAG and CHP is back peddling all over the place on this? Reports are coming in that they were not just "observing".

They (military) were helping stop Americans. NOT military personnel. This happened in the south, I think North Carolina, and the military were running check points and the military were searching civilian cars. It was ruled "Illegal" by a court of law. There is footage of it on the web if you doubt it.

I would guess this is why there is a reward being offered for footage.

Also, if this is no big deal, why is Montana looking at passing a law that makes it VERY clear this is not to be done in Montana? Maybe all the legislators in Montana wear tin foil hats. I would guess they have a legitimate concern.

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
Then aparently the article did not spell this out in depth and they are being used incorrectly. If they were being used correctly then it would not be an issue. The same issue initially happened with the military action with the Border Patrol. The resource is there to be used as designed but from what you are saying someone is reaching way out beyond where they should.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
When it comes time to implant RFID chips you can surrender it to the proper authority...No wait you asked what are the Pros?...No more waiting in lines at the DMV? they'll come to your home...nope that isn't it...
It'll work in one of those cool bar code scanners they will install at check points...No that isn't it either...
Give me some time I'll think of something...:D:

·
Registered
49 Posts
What are you talking about - "new federal driver's license"?
Real Id. The State of Montana refused it. It is Illegal in Montana to even promote the National ID.

Montana law rejects National ID

Here are some bits of the resolution:
WHEREAS, these potential breaches in privacy that could result directly from compliance with the REAL ID Act may violate the right to privacy, as secured by Article II, section 10, of the Montana Constitution, of thousands of residents of Montana.....

WHEREAS, the mandate to the states, through federal legislation that provides no funding for its requirements, to issue what is, in effect, a national identification card appears to be an attempt to "commandeer" the political machinery of the states and to require them to be agents of the federal government, in violation of the principles of federalism contained in the 10th amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as construed by the United States Supreme Court in New York v. United States, 488 U.S. 1041 (1992), United States v. Lopez, 514 U.S. 549 (1995), and Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997); and

WHEREAS, some states, or legislative bodies in some states, such as New Hampshire and Washington, have, through legislation, opposed the implementation of the REAL ID Act.

THEREFORE, the purpose of the Legislature in enacting [this act] is to refuse to implement the REAL ID Act and thereby protest the treatment by Congress and the President of the states as agents of the federal government and, by that protest, lead other state legislatures and Governors to reject the treatment by the federal government of the 50 states by the enactment of the REAL ID Act.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:

Section 1. Legislative finding and direction to state agency not to implement REAL ID Act. (1) The legislature finds that the enactment into law by the U.S. congress of the REAL ID Act of 2005, as part of Public Law 109-13, is inimical to the security and well-being of the people of Montana, will cause unneeded expense and inconvenience to those people, and was adopted by the U.S. congress in violation of the principles of federalism contained in the 10th amendment to the U.S. constitution.

(2) The state of Montana will not participate in the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005. The department, including the motor vehicle division of the department, is directed not to implement the provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 and to report to the governor any attempt by agencies or agents of the U.S. department of homeland security to secure the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005 through the operations of that division and department.

Section 2. Codification instruction. [Section 1] is intended to be codified as an integral part of Title 61, chapter 5, part 1, and the provisions of Title 61, chapter 5, part 1, apply to [section 1].:D::thumb:

- END -

We also have made it clear we will not surrender State sovereignty to the North American Union

THE STATE OF MONTANA OPPOSING ANY EFFORT TO IMPLEMENT A TRINATIONAL POLITICAL, GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY AMONG THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AND MEXICO; OPPOSING THE SECURITY AND PROSPERITY PARTNERSHIP OF NORTH AMERICA AND INITIATIVES PURSUED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PARTNERSHIP THAT THREATEN THE SOVEREIGNTY OF THE UNITED STATES; OPPOSING A NORTH AMERICAN UNION; AND OPPOSING THE NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT SUPERHIGHWAY SYSTEM.

Those bills passed unanimously. How often does that happen? They also passed laws forbidding Martial law being declared in our state by the Feds, and a great law that protects Montana gun owners from gun confiscation. I am excited to see what they come up with in the next three months. Rumor has it there will be some stuff that really shakes the people in D.C. up! Maybe even a bill to repeal article 1 of our state constitution.:thumb:

Other states are starting to pass things like this also. The more the better. :thumb:

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
Using the military for 'observational' purposes is to get the public 'used' to seeing the military around. That way, when they release those 20,000 troops on us, we'll think it's 'no big deal' 'cause we are already used to seeing them.

Just another way to brain wash us. I don't care if you want to call it a 'service' or not. It's a service I can do without!

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
When it comes time to implant RFID chips you can surrender it to the proper authority...No wait you asked what are the Pros?...No more waiting in lines at the DMV? they'll come to your home...nope that isn't it...
It'll work in one of those cool bar code scanners they will install at check points...No that isn't it either...
Give me some time I'll think of something...:D:
Lol definatly! "Papers please". The Id will just be a precursur to the chip.

And Grizzlie, we live in one of the few last of the best places! (Except Alaska :) )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts