Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed light on activity which was reported this weekend south of Terre Haute Indiana?

Reported to have taken place at an old or abandoned power plant.

Reports were of gunfire and choppers?

Can anyone confirm or deny that this took place?

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
Most likely just some National Guard exercise. I do know the 181st Fighter Wing (FW) of the Indiana Air National Guard occupies 891.88 acres of leased land on the Terre Haute International Airport-Hulman Field. Its definitely a ARNG training site.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Must be Illinois starting their takeover of Indiana. The flood from Detroit to Indiana towns apparently hasn't been bad enough.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
can I get a facepalm or two? I don't have the heart....

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
There is a thread about this at www.unitedstatesmilitia.com Here's the link and some of the initial reporting (which to the best of my knowledge has not yet been verified.

https://unitedstatesmilitia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2095

There was a situation in southern Indiana this morning, heavy machine gun fire and helios reported in the are. Local commanders lost contact with groups on station for approx. 10 hours, recently received word that brief contact was made. Orders are all units to be on standby at this time under high alert status. Email or call any/all who you need to contact. Contact the Indiana Sons of Liberty Militia for more information. I will keep everyone posted with new information as it comes available.

As of right now, the only reports coming in are of heavy machine gun fire, at least one .50 and numerous small arms, including but not limited to M249/240 type along with various other light arms. The aggressors/defenders at this time are unknown. Black helios and blue/white painted helios were reported in and near the area at the same time, perhaps giving some sort of air support.
It took place in/near an abandoned power station in Hutsonville, Illinois, on the Indiana state line. These are reports from various, unrelated people on location

Reactions: FrightenedWolfe

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
You didnt hear. We totally attacked Canada. Never mind that Terre Haute is the major National Guard training area. It must be war!

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
I agree sounds like a National Guard training exercise. Mainly because its in a remote area and conducted on a weekend. An abandoned power plant would be a great opportunity for units to polish skills needed to conduct urban combat.

Many times training areas are very limited to NG and Reserve forces simply based travel time to areas in this case such as Ft. Campbell, Ft. Knox or Atterbury and the availability of these areas. Personally, I would rather see these guys sharpening their war-fighting skills in some remote area as opposed to sitting around the armory drinking coffee and swapping stories. Just MHO :)

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
I agree sounds like a National Guard training exercise. Mainly because its in a remote area and conducted on a weekend. An abandoned power plant would be a great opportunity for units to polish skills needed to conduct urban combat.

Many times training areas are very limited to NG and Reserve forces simply based travel time to areas in this case such as Ft. Campbell, Ft. Knox or Atterbury and the availability of these areas. Personally, I would rather see these guys sharpening their war-fighting skills in some remote area as opposed to sitting around the armory drinking coffee and swapping stories. Just MHO :)
That shows what you know sheep. We just invaded Canada.

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
You didnt hear. We totally attacked Canada. Never mind that Terre Haute is the major National Guard training area. It must be war!
Then again.....we may be practicing for an invasion of Canada starting in Quebec and Terre Haute is kinda French-sounding :rolleyes:

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
Then again.....we may be practicing for an invasion of Canada starting in Quebec and Terre Haute is kinda French-sounding :rolleyes:
Now your getting with the program. I will not stand for that your common sense attitude. From now on i expect you to jump to wild concussions based on hearsay or internet chat room.

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
lol......ok.....let me get in uniform first.........

View attachment 23531

better? :D:
Seriously though. This stuff is funny to me. You hear gunfire from an abandoned power plant resting on a National Guard training area and its the beginning of the war. Now if you hear .50 cals, 240Bs, and such being fired in downtown Chicago then well thats different. All i did was do a super quick google search and found all the info on the training area. I bet i could even find who was training there last weekend. Its just funny to me.

·
Μολὼν λαβ
596 Posts
Some things to consider:

1. The United States military is at war in the Middle East and at any given time
X# of Guard/Reserve units are in training for their deployment. I know consumers
out on a shopping trip may occasionally see military vehicles en route to training
exercises and may even hear the crackle of gunfire somewhere in the distance,
but this is really nothing new for the last 65+ years. However, it may be a
little more frequent now than it was while many Americans were growing up
under the reign of King William.

2. We live in an age where many people over the age of 14 have cellphones
with cameras and can post pictures/video to the internet within minutes. If
there's "tons of machine gun fire and helos" flying around, then quite frankly
show me the video.
Otherwise, this sounds like the "let's stir sh-t up" kind of
stories that the reporters for the Spotlight used to run back in the 1980s.

If something supposedly happens in this country, there's no reason video and
the MGRS (from a handheld Garmin) of the EXACT location can't be posted
within minutes. If it's not posted, it either didn't happen or it's really a
nonevent.

When someone gets stuff like this by email or from another forum, go to the
original and say "Show me the pictures or video." Pretty simple. Otherwise
it gets regurgitated over and over like the Russian story on Obama and the
coming US civil war.

·
Country Boy
1,094 Posts
Sheesh if we wanted to invade Canada we wouldn't need the National guard, we could just send in the Boy scouts. :D:

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
Sheesh if we wanted to invade Canada we wouldn't need the National guard, we could just send in the Boy scouts. :D:
Once again sesa you are wrong. The international community would real at the idea of sending in the Boy Scouts. They would consider it an overkill. Best send the Girl Scouts. They can get the job done quickly and avoid international backlash.

·
Registered
913 Posts
There is a NG mob site there. They do their pre-mob training there before going down range.

So the local militia made contact with them huh? Some people are sooooo stupid.

·
Country Boy
1,094 Posts
Once again sesa you are wrong. The international community would real at the idea of sending in the Boy Scouts. They would consider it an overkill. Best send the Girl Scouts. They can get the job done quickly and avoid international backlash.

OK you are right, the Boy scouts would be overkill :D:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts