Survivalist Forum banner

Midwest Heat

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  rokitman 
#1 ·
Temps in Missouri to reach 100 + degrees this week. Heat index up to 112. Ive been told sports drinks are better than water. Is there any truth to this?

#5 ·
trying to stay cool....

I got two of these and they're working great (yea they run 24/7 too):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-Electric-5-000-BTU-Mechanical-Air-Conditioner/15860639
I see that they're out of stock right now, but keep checking back, for .97 shipping, it's a deal!

We have 100 + all week. I'm mowing grass some early in the a.m., then staying indoors for the rest of the day if possible.
Hey, found a great recipe for 'apple' ice tea. Just add a frozen can of apple juice to your regular ice tea pitcher instead of sugar! mmmmmmmmmm

#6 ·
Bill Clinton says to paint all roofs white and it will save 20+% on cooling. Actually sounds like common sense considering how inefficient homes have been built. I live in cali and it always gets 100+ in the summer. I don't own where I live so I can't do it but I would.
Another great drink is to take a watermelon and slip it through the blender (sans seeds) and let it chill in the freezer for a few. Tasty as hell.

#18 ·
Bill Clinton says to paint all roofs white and it will save 20+% on cooling. Actually sounds like common sense considering how inefficient homes have been built. I live in cali and it always gets 100+ in the summer. I don't own where I live so I can't do it but I would.
Another great drink is to take a watermelon and slip it through the blender (sans seeds) and let it chill in the freezer for a few. Tasty as hell.
I use to live in Florida and ALL the houses are painted light colors. Anything from white to yellow to pink, etc. It does help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.