Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love my glock 23 you can get a good used one in your price range. 5000+ rounds through mine and the only time I had a malfunction was when i had to use aluminum cased ammo.

·
Registered
900 Posts
HI-Point, Taurus, Star (very solid), used Glocks, used 1911, in fact you can find a bunch of good used (Springfield, S&W, Sig) in that range. Have cash in hand, shop a lot, and make an offer that makes even you blush.

·
SI vis pacem,para bellum
1,986 Posts
///////////////

All above mentioned r excellent choices go to range that rents guns and shoot them all the gun will pick u the one that fits right in your hand is the one for u
mid size for basic home protection 9 MM or 40 [email protected] will work fine any used hand gun will fit into your range

·
Livin on the Edge
363 Posts
As mentioned above you can get a Glock for a bit more or you can get the Springfield XD for under $450 in 9mm

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Any of the above are excellent choices.

Biggest value of the Glock 19 over the 23 is cost of ammo... but I am a diehard Glock 23 fan.

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
There are plenty of new 1911 hand guns out in that price range. check out J&G (I think, whichever big seller is based out of lexington).

·
Registered
220 Posts
As mentioned a Glock 19 or 23

I also like the Rock Island 1911's. I would recomend the Tactical model. The 2 I own have been very reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. They also come with a lifetime warranty if you ever have any issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts