Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a microhydro system? Any info on a good complete system? If you even have a waterwheel share that info! Thanks
-GwyNative

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys and links! I have a trout stream/creek beside my house and behind my house theres around 30-40 foot water fall. The thing never freezes and seems like just a waste not to use it!

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Is MicroHydro the same a distributed energy? Or is it something new? I have never heard the term before.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
you can also design it to pump water though it with a hand pump system to help recharge the battie bank as need with system is design with a closed loop system for the well in the yard
by useing a closed loop system the water is pumped up for the well useing the hand pump unit and goes thought the hyrdo power plant blades turning them to make power to charge the battie bank and the water goes back into the well to be used at a later time
or you can fill up the house water stowage tanks when you are makeing elec power as need to charge the batties bank system for a small home or cabin as need
the system loop is easly to make when puting in the hyrdo power plant unit with a couple of gate values system to open and close the system water ways to allow the water to be pumped and pass thought the hyrdo plant

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Microhydro is somthing of a waterwheel in your "Creek" that turns all the time and makes power...

Im looking for a company that makes the complete system, from watertubine to battery controller... Theres lots of places were you can get this and that but I want it all at one place and someone to hook it up!

Im thinking that dropping 10k for free power for years and years seems like a no brainer... (Maybe I should learn everything there is to know about microhydro, design and package a complete set up and make millions!! Muahahaha!!!)

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
Im sure if you researched more, and your handy, you could probably build something, like a generator rigged to a propeller or water wheel. Or use tubing downhill to increase the pressure like the do in Hydroelectric power plants, to spin turbines. There is thes website that sells a couple of different style water generators. One looks like the bottom part of a trolling motor. Basically a generator with a propeller on it, sealed up for mounting in the water, in a stream.
http://www.backwoodssolar.com/index.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts