Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Micro Bushcraft knife.

I made this for a bit of fun today,i had some O1 tool steel and a bit of walnut left over from the last two knives i made so i decided to make a micro bushcraft knife.

the total lengh is 5mm over 3" and the blade is 1 1/2",the blade is 4mm thick at the spine,the pins are 4mm and the lanyard tube is 6mm.

It has been tapered down to the edge and then i gave it a secondary bevel.

I hardened and tempered it using a blow torch as it is to small to fire up the forge.

I don't know what im going to use it for but it was fun to make.:thumb::D:

Attachments

·
HANDY MAN
1,472 Posts
Cool stuff.
How long have you been making knives? Hobby or sales?

That looks like something that would be fun, rewarding and relaxing. Is it an expensive hobby to get in to?

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool stuff.
How long have you been making knives? Hobby or sales?

That looks like something that would be fun, rewarding and relaxing. Is it an expensive hobby to get in to?
The first time i made a knife was 12 years ago.

Ive been making knives for about 8 years,seriously making knives for 2 years.

It can be expensive depending on the materials used,this little knife cost nothing as it was made from left overs.:thumb:

I like to work with O1 tool steel which is expensive here in the UK,I also like to use good quality hard woods like walnut and oak which can also be expensive..

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Christening present for your baby grandson? Sell it to an art student as a deluxe pencil sharpener? Or find a company that makes luxury Christmas crackers, and get them to market a "bushcraft limited edition selection" imagine getting that on Christmas day.

By the way, that Nessie looks sooooo good!
Ive already made Brandon a little knife with silver bolsters and he owns a schrade old timer.:thumb:

Ill keep this knife for myself,Im not over keen on neck knives but i think this would make a great little neck knife.:thumb:

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
What about an elephant shrew they are.....................................well................tiny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts