Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed quite a few postings about Walmarts having Mountain House and Augason dehydrated foods, etc, in their stores. I have three Walmarts around me and have never seen any.. where would they be located? Sporting goods or grocery or...?

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,539 Posts
The MH is in the sporting goods section as camping food. From what others have said about the Augason foods, it's wherever they have room for it.

Mine doesn't carry the Augason foods, but I keep hoping they will.

·
The Cat's Pajamas
407 Posts
Mine only has a small supply of one variety of MH. It's the two serving size and it's with the camping gear. No variety and I haven't seen any of the other stuff that others have. I live in a pretty large city. Not sure if that plays a role.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My local Wal-mart stores have MH and Coleman food in the sporting goods section with the camping gear. I have never seen Augason farms stuff at Wal-mart and I am under the impression that it is mainly a Sam's Club item.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Coleman is being closed out at most of the stores they did target marketing at. Target stores also tried it in some locations like Houston, TX. Mountain House is sold in pouches only not number 10 cans. Very limited variety. Check with folks like Emergency Essentials (Should be on the forum) I buy from them and a couple of others since they have been around a long time and aren't here just to make the quick buck on us. Good folks.

·
uber nerd
194 Posts
Our local Wal Mart now sells the large cans of Augason Farm, but the selection is limited. They currently have eight items placed near the flour, baking items. Good stuff and seems to be reasonably priced.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Our WalMart sells Augason Farms now, too...it's at the end of the coffee aisle. They also sell a paltry amount of small MH pkgs but those are in the camping section.

·
Libertarian
2,794 Posts
I've noticed quite a few postings about Walmarts having Mountain House and Augason dehydrated foods, etc, in their stores. I have three Walmarts around me and have never seen any.. where would they be located? Sporting goods or grocery or...?
At our Wally World the MH is in sporting goods,camping section. I just found the Augason Farms back roughly in the area of the beer and soda pop. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Winco....also in the west....carries Augason #10 cans....I got a few today...also ordered some thru Ready....probably overall paying too much but I felt I needed to add to my preps....I have adult children, and I want to have enough to share...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just got back from Chinamart, Shelves still stocked full of MH, no sign of Coleman. I cleaned out about half of the display just in case it is going away.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
The WalyWorld local to me has changed from MH to Coleman. It has been a fairly recent exchange, maybe 2-3 weeks time-frame.

The Coleman products are much smaller, and there is about double the variety that MH used to have.

The Coleman products are an "extra" to the brand name packaging, there is already a brand name on the product provided by the manufacture. I think I read the products were packaged in California; but this is based on what I remember and I could very well be wrong.

I'm not well versed in what dried food is supposed to taste like. I tried one of the MH packages, and it was edible, but it was not something I was excited over. My experience might have been partly my fault; it seems there might a trick to making it less like a slushee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts