Survivalist Forum banner

Mexican military helicopter lands in Laredo by mistake

7K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  556X45 
#1 ·
#6 ·
The fact that a foreign aircraft was able to breach our airspace, much less land without being intercepted by our own forces says a lot. Either someone was sleeping on the job, or the landing was intentional and authorized and the "powers that be" just don't want it publicized.

#8 ·
The fact that a foreign aircraft was able to breach our airspace, much less land without being interceped by our own forces says a lot. Either someone was sleeping on the job, or the landing was intentional and authorized and the "powers that be" just don't want it publicized.
How many times can they use that for an excuse?
This is happening way too often, either helicopter/plane/or truck!

#9 ·
The fact that a foreign aircraft was able to breach our airspace, much less land without being interceped by our own forces says a lot. Either someone was sleeping on the job, or the landing was intentional and authorized and the "powers that be" just don't want it publicized.
EXACTLY, SH. Also, in Laredo, it is right on the Rio Grande river, so there's NO mistaking where they were, on the part of the pilot.

Me thinks that your last suggestion was the real scenario, the landing WAS intentional, and I'm sure the current administration was aware of it.
Now, the real question is WHY.

#21 ·
According to Mexico, parts of Texas and Arizona belong to them anyways.
Possibility that his map was made in the USA. No speak, read English, Senor Border Guard.

Considering that Neuvo Laredo is 3 times the size of Laredo - they knew what was going on. As far as air space violation, what limits are there concerning how close to the border you can fly, and how often do helicopters fly around that area.

Besides looking at a map there is no way that the pilot mistook one air port for the other.

Solution: Put someone in a tower, helicopter crosses border, shoot it.

#22 ·
People...

They aren't accidentally doing anything. I would assume completely, that anyone that is trained to fly a helicopter, and backed by any government organization or personal bank account that can afford one, can also afford to have every modern navigational tool available, to not make the "mistake" of landing in another country. It isn't just "oops" time and time again.

What's happening likely is something completely different.

"I wonder where I am. Better not radio in and ask for assistance. I know let's land here and ask there nice folks at these coordinates. Hey looks it's my cousin Pedro. Hi Pedro. Bye Pedro."

"Oops, I went across the U.S. border. :D Oh No. :D :D"

"Whoops. There goes a great big bale of drugs, just rolled out the back end of the helicopter. Where did that come from?"

"Oh well. Anyway guess I better land in Laredo, Texas now. My bad."

#27 ·
#36 ·
see what happens if you cross into russian airspace in alaska. an episode of air alaska guy was flying some explosives to a whale hunting village and had to fly real close to russian airspace to do it.......laughed when he told his copilot to look out the window for migs........the librals here in america would not let us do something like that on our southern border. bet you that grandma pilot learned real fast that foriegners have more rights then we americans have here in america

#38 ·
As a pilot, I can tell you that Grandma has a real problem on her hand. Busting prohibited airspace is a good way to get the FAA to revoke your certificate. I hope she fills out a NASA form (get out of jail free card). Something of this magnitude, I don't even think the NASA form will work.

I remember a flight from Austin to Fort Worth once. It was IMC (in the clouds) and my VOR was messed up apparently. The controller tells me Im heading straight for P49 airspace (bush's crawford ranch) and I checked my VOR radial and it showed me on track to miss it. I tell the controller that my nav tells me im right on the radial I need to miss the P49 airspace and he says his scope shows me heading right for it. The prohibited airspace goes from the ground to 18,000 feet. The radius of P49 when bush wasnt in crawford is 5 NM. When he was in crawford, it expanded to 30 NM and NOTAMs were posted everywhere.. In pilot world, it was a big deal.

Even though I had two VORs feeding me the same data, I went ahead and had the controller give me a radar vector. I was IFR and wasn't able to see any ground references so it was all on him. To this day, I cant figure out what went wrong. I checked my planning, and sure enough, i was on my airway and it missed P49 airspace but still cant figure it out. Must of been a coincidence that 2 seperate VOR receivers messed up. I find it hard to believe but still draw a blank on that to this day.

Grandma should at least put a comm radio in that aircraft and use flight following next time. She screwed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.