Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking for the YouTube video of last nights Doomsday Preppers and came across this forum;
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=510194

Looks like preppers are mentally ill people who shouldn't have children if they teach them their ways. There is one person who posted in preppers defense. It is an interesting read on what the other half believes.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
So I was looking for the YouTube video of last nights Doomsday Preppers and came across this forum;

Looks like preppers are mentally ill people who shouldn't have children if they teach them their ways. There is one person who posted in preppers defense. It is an interesting read on what the other half believes.
Better to be prepared and not need it than to not be prepared and need it.

These are the ones that are going to be insanely mad when they find out that their government duped them into thinking there isn't a financial problem in this country.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Better to be prepared and not need it than to not be prepared and need it.

These are the ones that are going to be insanely mad when they find out that their government duped them into thinking there isn't a financial problem in this country.
They sound like a bunch of knuckleheads. It'd be nice if someone would educate them on their dumb A$$ beliefs. Who knows, it might save their life one day and possible save me a few bullets on down the road.

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
i am this far ---| |--- from joining that forum and running amuck.

those are the types of idiots that will be raiding your house for supplies during a disaster, or sucking up all the government supplies.

Thier spoiled little playstation addicted children will be starving to death in a FEMA camp, being served rice and sedatives twice a day.

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts

That was entertaining read. They think we are absolutely crazy. If only they knew what is coming.

It helped me to see I have no responsibility whatsoever to feed these people when they are starving to death.

·
Author, prepper, father
Done
6,918 Posts
I consider myself a prepper. Am I prepping for some end-of-the-world scenario? No, I doubt there is much out there that will end the world.

Scenario one, A CME could knock out several dozen of our major transformer substations. Guess what, we don't manufacture them in the states and there is an 18 month lead time for them.

Scenario two, North Korea (and I am sure several other of our enemies) is developing a major EMP weapon. Deploy it from 30 to 300 miles up over central USA and no more power grid, many vehicles disabled and severe disruption of communications, again with several months to years needed to fix it.

Scenario three: Failure of our economic system with breakdown in all supply trains. Only 3 days of food in most food distribution centers. Think about what happens in stores with the slightest emergency. What will you eat after three days is gone by and you can't just hop over to the supermarket? Not to mention no gas. And what will all those nice reasonable folks on the public dole do when their checks stop arriving? Just say "well, thanks for all you have given us in the past" and roll over and starve?

Scenario four: Major outbreak of disease (either natural or terroristic) like the Spanish flu epidemic or other large pandemic that wipes out a majority of the population and the support for the technological grid that holds us together.

Then add in local events such as flood, tornadoes, hurricanes. My father and step-mom were recently without water for a week, power for 2 weeks and telephone/internet for 4 weeks after the tornadoes in Alabama.

I would rather have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it.

With the me-first attitudes, entitlement generation(s), and lack of preparedness out there (oh Obama will take care of me, after all I voted for him!) you better think of defending what you have from your neighbors as when you are at the narrow passage there is no brother and no friend and they will come for what you have.

·
Gitter Done!
2,864 Posts
LOL CMI? Heck anything can happen, but since it is not the threat of nuclear war, the economic collapse or earthquakes they are expecting first at least they are prepared for a major disaster. At least if they are prepared for the worst they will have covered just about everything else.

I would think kids playing video games like grand theft auto or some other gangster game is going to warp their minds worse than expecting the worst.
Sure video games don't put fear in the kids, but gives them great ideas on how to jack a car or blow someone's head off. In fact the kids are invoking fear in cities lately as flash mobs are beating the poop out of people, robbing businesses and people and even shooting people. Kids are not scared since they are now trained through video games to jack people up.

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinat...nd-rob-chicago-tourists/174704/1?csp=34travel

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504943_162-20070193-10391715.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us/25mobs.html

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/05/31/2191533/mb-police-inundated-with-crime.html

I guess the question is how far can anyone go to teach their children of the worst that can happen and how to prepare for it? Kids are getting shot at by gangs just going to school and live in fear daily too. I know for a fact the media always makes the situation look worse than it is to get viewers, since if the children didn't like it they would have run away like any other kid does when they hate their situation. There is a lot of assuming in that article and assuming is always thinking the worst.

·
Author, prepper, father
Done
6,918 Posts
i am this far ---| |--- from joining that forum and running amuck.

those are the types of idiots that will be raiding your house for supplies during a disaster, or sucking up all the government supplies.

Thier spoiled little playstation addicted children will be starving to death in a FEMA camp, being served rice and sedatives twice a day.
Too late...I already did! :)

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I am a prepper but I do see telling a child that the world is going to end as child abuse. How could telling these things to a child possibly be benificial. There are morons in every walk of life and preppers who tell children the earth is ending are idiotic morons. :mad:

I think it's "the world as we know it" is ending. Probably been condensed down to a generic end of world slogan.

·
Pedophiles will die soon!
1,184 Posts
I am a prepper but I do see telling a child that the world is going to end as child abuse. How could telling these things to a child possibly be beneficial. There are morons in every walk of life and preppers who tell children the earth is ending are idiotic morons. :mad:
I agree with you there 100 percent. Children don't need to hear that because it can and will scare them. As a child my older sister did that to me. There was an ice storm and the neighbors house got on fire. My sister thought it was the end of the world and started screaming that the end was here. I was only about 5 at the time but I remembers the terror I felt to this day. Children should not be exposed to such things.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts